"The mission of Vanguard Classical School is to facilitate optimal individual academic achievement and character development through rigorous content-rich, inclusive learning environment."
Vanguard Classical School is currently accepting candidate packets for the
Successful candidates will be proven team players, energetic, passionate, creative, and patient. Vanguard operates a full inclusion model in which students of all abilities are educated in the classroom. Our school has a diverse student body encompassing all racial, socio-economic and ability levels. All candidates must be NCLB qualified, however, licenses are not required.
Abides by and supports the vision, mission, values, policies and procedures of Vanguard Classical School. Works with co-teacher teaching the adopted curriculum to assigned students while maintaining a safe, orderly, and positive teaching environment.
1. Teaching license or BA/BS with Elementary PLACE or PRAXIS.
2. Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills.
3. Demonstrated organization, assertiveness and flexibility in performing job responsibilities.
4. Ability to coordinate and collaborate with others and be flexible
5. Demonstrated ability to exercise a high level of tact and discretion in both internal and external interactions. Ability to motivate a team and work as a team member. Ability to create and maintain good working relationships with a variety of internal and external constituents.
6. Ability to work in all content areas with individual and groups of students
For continued consideration please fill out and return the attached Employment Application located at www.vanguardclassical.org/application.
Below is a list of all required items needed before your packet can be completely processed. If you are missing any documents please submit them along with your completed and signed Employment Application.
1. Cover Letter (optional)
2. Resume (required)
3. Completed Application (required)
4. Statement of Educational Philosophy (required)
5. College Transcripts (required)
6. Three (3) Professional References (required)
7. Letters of Recommendations (required; at least 3)
8. Teaching License (only required for Special Education candidates)
9. PLACE, or PRAXIS Test Scores (required to meet NCLB Highly Qualified criteria if you are applying for an elementary position)
To find out more information about our school please visit us at www.vanguardclassical.org.