• Pattern, cut and sew covers for Custom seat cushions and backrests. Other duties as assigned.
• Experience with industrial sewing machines (Juki, Consew, etc.). Experience sewing a variety of industrial materials required including ballistic cloth, 3-D mesh, hook & loop, etc.
• Reading Skills - Strong reading skills required. Able to read, understand and follow assembly instructions and complex work orders.
• Physical Demands - The position requires standing (patterning, cutting) and seated work (sewing) with the use of fingers, hands and arms. Stooping, kneeling, crouching occasionally required. Lifting up to 25 lbs.
• Safety and Housekeeping - Able to follow company safety policy and report safety concerns or infractions when observed. The ability to maintain a well-organized and clean work space. Participate in daily clean-up and sweeping of department. Safety glasses required in work area (supplied by company).
• Interpersonal Skills - The position requires a self-starter with a positive attitude and strong team-player skills. Required to maintain positive working relationship with all co-workers.
• Education and Experience - High School diploma preferred. Experience with the above tools & equipment required.
• Punctuality and Attendance - All employees are required to begin work on time and maintain an acceptable attendance record.