Investment Operations Analyst – Newly Created Position
Bell & Associates, Inc. has been engaged to conduct an exclusive search for our client’s Investment Operations Analyst
Compensation - $60-80k plus bonus andprofit sharing
Relocation Assistance to Topeka, KS is available for this role
Interview Process – Interviews will take place over the next few weeks.
Our Topeka-based client is building out their Investment team and this is a great opportunity to make an impact with a growing company. As this company grows, so will future career opportunities for top performers within the organization.
Our client, a leader in the education financial services market, is seeking an Investment Operations Analyst. This position will be based in Topeka, Kansas. The company fosters strong partnerships to provide insightful and customized retirement solutions for employers and individual investors nationwide. Through a broad advisor network and its nationally recognized money managers, Our client provides mutual funds, annuities and retirement programs.
Job Profile and Duties
The Investment Operations Analyst will compile and analyze data needed to support the lifecycle of an investment.
More specifically the jobholder shall be involved in the following duties:
- Contributes to the development and implementation of standardized procedures for supporting the lifecycle of an investment in addition to methods needed to process and access trade specific information and documents according to best practices and industry standards.
- Performs daily processes across various investment operations areas including but not limited to trade confirmation and settlements, onboarding, cash forecasting, corporate action processing and validation, cash and position reconciliations and resolution, payment validation, monthly valuations, adhoc reporting and review of differences to internal/external providers.
- Assists internal and external parties with review and analysis of data for completeness, validity and reasonableness as well as assists with projects and training others on the team.
- Collaborates with clients, custodians, brokers, industry contacts and internal service partners such as Front Office, Investment Accounting, IT, Treasury and outsource providers to ensure efficient and timely transmission of trades and cash/position breaks.
- Compiles, tracks, reviews, verifies and analyzes information in various systems to ensure details match to agreed standards and established controls. Utilizes and maintains knowledge of industry standards and best practices as it relates to functions within investment operations and systems utilized within the firm.
- Facilitates settlement with custodians and brokers for securities including but not limited to fixed income, equity, and private placements to ensure accuracy of processed portfolio trades and or holdings which will include complex and non-traditional settlements.
- Produces reports as required including but not limited to trade blotters, wire reports, payment notification..etc for internal and external service partners as well as senior management and auditors.
- Coordinates and performs cash and position reconciliations inquiries as needed with both internal and external parties. Researches and resolves discrepancies in accounts and unmatched payment records, reported reconciliations variances and follows up with the bank, internal or external clients to ensure accurate cash and holdings.
- Prepare periodic reports and other financial documents
Eligible candidates will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- A bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Finance, Economics or Business Administration
- Ability to analyze financial documentation, develop procedures and communicate detail in both verbal and written form
- Previous Investment Operations experience
- A high level of computer literacy and familiarity with electronic office and industry tools.
- The mind-set to see through to conclusion specific tasks ensuring deadlines and quality standards are met
- The ability to work well as part of a team and with minimal supervision
- Evident interpersonal, organizational, administrative and problem solving abilities.
The following criteria would be considered advantageous:
- Previous investment operations experience and knowledge of financial markets.