18 year established garden maintenance landscape company, operating in central Denver/Cherry Creek/Cherry Hills, has an opening for an experienced Gardener.
Looking for a hardworking, independent, reliable, punctual, friendly
Looking for the minimum following skills:
- Physically strong. Able to lift 50+ lbs bags, shrubs, tools, compost, etc. and capable of intense physically work in all weather conditions, especially intense summer heat and autumn cold temps. Ability to work on knees, bending over ( i.e: good knees, good back), on tall ladders with tools and equipment and physically capable for an eight hour work day on your feet.
- Plant identification knowledge, pruning skills, planting skills, overall garden knowledge. Knowledge of irrigation and sprinklers and trees and huge plus.
Ability to work independently and efficiently.
- Must have a professional, friendly, engaging attitude towards our clients and fellow employees. No drama tolerated. Excellent communication skills. Creative, with an eye for detail.
- Professional appearance. Polite. Considerate. No vulgarity. Non-smoker preferred, including marijuana.
- Punctuality and reliability are a must.
- Clean Colorado drivers license and the ability to drive stick shift.
- Seasonal, long-term position. Availability to start work mid-March. Our typical season commences mid-March and wraps up mid-November. This position has worked great for folks who like to spend the winters in the mountains. There is a rhythm to our season- it starts slowly in March and April, peaks in May and June with our planting of annuals when there will be an occasional Saturday workday required, and tapers off towards the end of the season.
- Pay is dependent upon experience. If you meet the basic requirements of this position the hourly pay starts $13/hour. Pay increases with proven performance.
- There is a three week work trial period for this position with assessment at the end of the three weeks to determine compatibility and capability. At that point the position will be offered to the qualified candidate with an opportunity to reassess rate of pay.
We've been in business a long time, have wonderful clients, take pride and are sincere about the work we do. We are a small team that is looking for a friendly, happy, healthy, drug-free, drama-free individual. There is great opportunity for advancement into a management position for the right person. If you are the person described above and are interested in having a long-term future with us, please email us with your current resume, references and contact information. Thank you for your interest, looking forward to hearing from you.