# of Positions 1
Job Type Para-professional/Support
Full/Part Time Full-Time
Weekends Required Not Required
Why State Farm®?
Our commitment to customers makes us the No. 1 insurerof cars and homes in the United States.
This same commitment to our work force is how we got here and how we stay here. Our 90-year track record highlights State Farm as an employer of choice committed to providing career opportunities that last a lifetime.
From diverse backgrounds and talent, to meaningful work and comprehensive benefits, "Like a good neighbor..." isn't just a slogan. It's who we are and how we do business.
Check out our Video Gallery to learn more.
WHAT ARE THE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION?
- Assists attorneys in handling assigned files and delivering legal services under attorney supervision.
- Assists attorneys in effective and efficient resolution of files.
- Applies specialized knowledge of legal procedures.
WHAT KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS ARE NEEDED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS POSITION?
- Litigation and/or legal secretarial experience desired.
- Accurate typing skills required.
- Must be proficient in software technology, tools and case management software.
- Knowledge of legal and medical terminology, local and state rules regarding pleadings and pre-trial matters, deadlines and filing requirements.
- Drafts routine correspondence, motions, pleadings, and subpoenas.
- Provides litigation assistance by coordinating witnesses, schedules, exhibits for trials or hearings, and securing records.
ITEMS OF NOTE
- May work irregular hours because of workload and nature of the work.
BENEFITS: TOTAL REWARDS
Our Total Rewards benefits package includes:
- Competitive starting salary
- Annual merit reviews
- Annual bonus potential
For more information about our company, careers and Total Rewards, visit www.statefarm.com/careers. You can also learn more about what to expect from our employment process here.