Location: Riverwoods (IL)
Functional Area: Risk Management
Min Pay Rate:: 0.00
Max Pay Rate: 0.00
Pay Type: Year
Resource Type: Full Time
The Corporate Risk Information Management team builds
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
• Supports the Enterprise data model, Data Governance and Data Quality frameworks to ensure compliance with enterprise and regulatory guidelines.
• Establish and maintain data inventory lists, enterprise data definitions, business glossaries and business rules, and all associated meta-data for Risk data.
• Collaborate with business partners to determine data requirements for reporting, modeling and analytics, as well as the data sources, aggregations, transformations and business rules required to produce the results.
• Become the central point of contact for department-wide data needs. Reach out to partners across the department to determine changes to existing data or requirements for new data, and ensure that business activities are aligned to the enterprise data strategy.
• Build and maintain a process for managing additions or changes to data in the Risk data infrastructure, following company data governance policies and procedures.
• Collaborate with technical and business data stewards to create appropriate quality controls and escalation procedures based on level of criticality.
• Monitor data quality controls for breaches, notify users of potential issues and impacts and escalate according to procedures.
• Collaborate with technical and business data stewards to ensure that timely and accurate data flows into data marts and to improve overall automation of reporting processes.
• Be a collaborative member of the Information Management team by establishing strong relationships with peers and business partners and actively supporting the goals of the department.
• Bachelor’s Degree in in business, quantitative or technology disciplines.
• 7+ years of financial industry experience.
• 5+ years of Data Governance or related experience.
• Knowledge of Data Governance, Data Quality, and Enterprise Data Management concepts.
• Strong knowledge of data extraction, manipulation, analysis and presentation techniques:
• Familiarity with database design and SQL,
• Advanced MS Excel skills, including pivot tables,
• Advanced skills with MS Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Visio).
• Demonstrated analytical abilities and attention to detail: resolve problems using sound logic and thorough analysis.
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize accordingly and proactively resolve complex problems independently.
• Strong documentation abilities.
• High-performance and high-quality approach to deliverables and support provided to colleagues.
• Self-motivated; display high level of initiative.
• Strong communication skills with a proven ability to successfully interact with varying levels of management.
• Proven track record of working effectively with cross- functional partners.
• Master’s degree.
• Experience in other analytic or data extraction tools, such as Tableau or SAS, is preferred.
• Lean, Six Sigma and/or demonstrated process improvement expertise a plus.
Promote a risk-aware culture; ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.