Aerotek is conducting the initial screening and interviews for a position in the Greater Portland, Oregon area. This is a role with one of our clients in the area, who ishiring a mechanical drafter/designer for a long-term (6 months or longer) contract position.
There is no relocation assistance available for this position.
- Working proficiency in AutoCAD Inventor.
- Over one year of design and drafting experience required,
- Must possess a strong understanding of the manufacturing process, or knowledge of how to design for manufacturing.
- Have completed an Associate's or Bachelor's Degree.
- Experience designing HVAC, piping, or products involved in thermal exchangers preferred.
- Must possess a mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to adjust designs for custom-made projects and highly varied clients.
- Working proficiency in Microsoft Office required.
- Experience with LabVIEW and MATLAB is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of cleanroom environments and requirements also preferred.
- Draft and design with AutoCAD Inventor to develop 3D designs for product development and manufacturing.
- Ability to model and edit designs according to customer specifications within the allotted timeline.
- Prioritize various project and designs according to urgency, client need, and amount of time needed.
- Engage in new product development process, including operating within a cross-functional team, influencing prototypes, and some occasional testing.
- Design air handlers and HVAC units for manufacturing, installations, and use in commercial applications.
- Occasionally visit client sites to aid in installations and consultations.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.