Provide constant and comprehensive patient supervision and support, facilitate psycho-educational groups, provide structure and contribute to implementation of therapeutic programming including experiential therapy, bathroom and meal-time support; Ensure a safeand therapeutic environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Facilitate meals with patients in a fashion consistent with applicable Policy and Procedure, including both encouragement and limit setting, and individual patient treatment plan
• Contribute clinical information and observation about patients in documentation (patient chart) and patient staffing meetings.
• Thoroughly integrate new patients into the program and the patient community via orientation, and demonstration of knowledge of all aspects of the treatment program.
• Facilitate groups within realm of individual training and expertise; demonstrating ability to educate, engage, set limits and monitor the group process.
• Be creative in therapeutic interventions in order to maintain a safe, supportive, clinically sound milieu.
• Be present and available for patients’ requests and needs; provide outreach to patients when necessary.
• Maintain daily program structure (ensuring scheduled activities start and end on time)
• Complete clinical paperwork, progress notes, and group notes in a timely and accurate fashion.
• Ensure completion of daily attendance sheet for billing purposes.
• Anticipate changes in program schedule, seeking replacement groups and clinicians.
• Accompany patients on fresh air breaks and planned outings as required
• Assist in the AM routine, including weights, Vital Signs, preparation for breakfast
• Assist patients with emotional regulation Partial Hospitalization Program milieu with a focus on reinforcing the patients’ coping and containment skills in dealing with emotions and issues.
• Monitor the bathroom while in use by patients, providing support when necessary to conform to patients’ treatment plan.
• Maintain knowledge of patient location at all times to include visual checks and reporting
• Observe, monitor, and support patients when they are in the quiet room experiencing and regulating intense emotions.
• Accompany patients to outside facility appointments and activities.
OTHER DUTIES may include the following:
• Provide co-therapy for process group with primary therapist.
• Facilitate experiential group (yoga, art therapy, movement or drama.)
• Support of other team members’ responsibilities in their absence.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• MC 1 - BA-MA level, Floor, Meals, Morning Routine, Co-facilitate groups
• MC 2 - In graduate school or MA level Runs Groups, Helps with Curriculum, may cover for process group or therapists for a day or two but not entire week
• MC 3 - MA or Licensed, Leads Floor for Day, Covers for Primary/Family Therapist, Training, Core Groups/Curriculum, Assist with supervision of MC 1 and PRN (provides feedback for goal setting meetings such as annual reviews or performance concerns and discussion)