Multi-Carrier Sales Rep
MarketSource, Inc. is currently looking for qualified candidates to represent and promote the sale of telecommunications products and services in the retail channel. Come bea part of a winning team that offers professional training and the continued support to succeed. We provide a phenomenal base salary, excellent bonus structure, and full range of benefits. If you enjoy interacting with people and understand the importance of building relationships; then this is the job for you.
Multi-Carrier Sales Representatives drives client sales for a major device manufacturer within all major wireless carrier by brand advocacy through educating, training and building relationships at all levels in order to promote retail sales through various methods. MCSRs work in cooperation with Area Sales Managers/District Managers, Retail Store Managers, Indirect Account Managers and Retail Sales Specialists to align key Client sales messages with carrier objectives and revenue drivers. MCSRs possess a high level of product knowledge across all client offerings and maintain a similar level of understanding of all carrier related services. MCSRs are empowered to exert constructive control and influence over their territories to ensure that activities are concentrated where the highest revenue opportunities present themselves.
MAJOR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Ensures Customer Satisfaction (Client, Retailer, End User)
- Is knowledgeable about client products: Obtain and proactively maintain an expert level of product knowledge, focused on device and operating system. Proactively explore for knowledge gaps & product perception in order to demonstrate features/benefits of products, and answer questions about devices to facilitate a higher level of expertise for customers with the goal of increasing recommendation rates by describing features and benefits of products in the retail environment.
- Teams with Client Account Managers and carrier partners to ensure customer satisfaction: Build and maintain relationships with key account personnel, Meet/ride with channel managers, district managers and indirect sales teams to identify opportunities. Help facilitate customer concerns by reporting to appropriate parties (Client/MS Field Managers) and following up to ensure customer satisfaction. Develop and seek approval on incentive programs with MS Field Managers & Account Managers. Negotiate “win/win” sales initiatives with Retailer Sales Specialists, Store Managers, Department Managers, etc.; proactively communicate any issues or opportunities to Client/MS Field Managers.
- Territory Management: Effectively map and route territory to ensure that all locations are visited with in a prescribed frequency. Maintaining territory database to ensure that database is current and accurately reflects all points of retail. Executing proper territory routing to coincide with location productivity levels to ensure that all high-production locations receive an ample number of visits, trainings and promotional activities.
- Reporting- Utilize proprietary reporting tools on a daily basis. Reporting accurately on all field activity within reporting tools including, but not limited to Store Visits, Display Compliance, One on One Meetings, Informal/Formal Training initiatives, Assisted Selling Scenarios, Market Events, Off-Site Events, CRM Meetings, PTO, extraneous travel, etc.
- Ensures Client products are displayed according to expectations of client and the specific carrier: Ensure all product displays are compliant with negotiated presence, including, but not limited to: correct pricing, planogram placement, promotional offers and accessory placement. Assist retail locations in updating firmware on display devices. Ensure all POP (brochures, stickers, etc.) are placed, organized, clean and available per client standards. Order and refresh POP materials as needed. Drive cross merchandising opportunities (i.e. Bluetooth accessories, etc.), Identify any merchandising opportunities in indirect channel and communicate to proper Client marketing team, Communicate any merchandising related issues (out of stocks, pricing issues, POP issues) to Client/MS Field Management
- Delivers training to Retailer Sales Specialists: Deliver one-on-one (or small group) training to Retailer Sales Specialists on the clients products, current promotions, sales tips, competitor differentiators, visit and train telesales centers (Not required in all markets), distribute Client promotional materials to Retailer Sales Specialists, encourage Retailer Sales Specialist participation in Client specific online training modules and/or in-person training clinics, Proactively solicit and accommodate any training opportunities or needs from store managers/associates.
- Executes sales process: Drive Client product sales through customer interaction, React strategically to sales data for market covered, Know how client products compare to the competition and offer key selling features that position Client as the better option, Proactively engage customers in the store (when permissible), Discuss target customers in regards to device options (good, better, best), Suggest full solution offers to help Retail Sales Associates reach accessory & service sales goals (bundle products to increase store revenue), Overcome objections regarding device offers and actively solicit device recommendations from Retail Sales Associates. Give feedback to Client Field Management as necessary, Understand and communicate Client key messages to store personnel and end users, know, communicate, and execute all current carrier and Client driven promotions
Build Skills and Knowledge/Other Duties
- Builds Personal Skills and Knowledge: Maintain expert knowledge of all products by attending all mandatory training sessions (conference call, in-person, webcast), Completing all required eLearning modules, Attend all required conference calls, Attend all required meetings (Client and MS initiated) and actively seeking knowledge increase through industry publications, use of teammates, trainers and managers.
- Other Duties: Completing all necessary call reports & ordering all supplies, Following all standard operating procedures/processes (i.e. calling out sick, requesting vacation time, etc.), Professionally represent MarketSource and Client at all times, Dressing appropriately at all times, Other duties as necessary to properly execute all Client requests, Effective use and participation in program Social Media Channels (using a works specific account to ensure privacy) and Client based & customer facing resources.
MAJOR SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Customer Driven: Ability and willingness to provide efficient, quality services to all customers, and motivating other representatives to do the same; sees business through the eyes of the customer; helps create a customer-focused environment in which excellent service is the norm.
- Delivering Scenarios: Knows all products and effectively promotes products and scenarios; makes decisions in line with the goal of delivering a customer experience, executes scenario delivery process
- Self-Development: Is aware of own strengths and weaknesses; work with management & initiate action to improve one’s own developmental areas.
- Gets Things Done: Demonstrates the ability to get results despite large workload, competing demands/rapid focus shifts and a quickly changing, fast-paced environment.
- Communicates Effectively: Communicates & contribute clearly and concisely with all audiences including, but not limited to e-mail, text message, phone calls and team conference calls; keeps others informed and listens carefully to input and feedback; adapts messages to fit audience.
- Product Knowledge: Demonstrates and maintains an expert level of knowledge of products and thorough understanding of systems, procedures, etc.
- Promotes Teamwork: Maintains positive working relationships with co-workers; effectively handles interpersonal conflict situations.
- Problem Solving: Reacts quickly and appropriately to problems; follow-up in a timely manner to issues not immediately resolvable; ties all loose ends.
- Acts with Integrity: Demonstrates responsible, ethical and honest behavior in all MarketSource roles, tasks and responsibilities; models MarketSource core values and is consistent and fair when dealing with others; keeps commitments.
- Ground-Engaged: Knows the competition (promotion, device and operating systems); Tactfully seek competitive intelligence, understand the implications of decisions; knows the industry; foresees future challenges and takes action to address them.
- Building Relationships: Establishes trust and credibility and rapport with retail partners over time; creates and maintains smooth working relationships with people inside and outside of the organization alike.
- Demonstration Inclusion: Demonstrates understanding and respect for people of all backgrounds and diversities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Maintain superior professionalism defined by communication and organizational skills at the highest level
- Understanding of retail environment and audience; changing messaging appropriate to audience level
- Strong work ethic to balance territory and drive customer objectives
- Ability to create and perform formal and interactive trainings & presentations
- Knowledge of telecom industry and sales experience a plus
- Four-year college degree or equivalent work experience
- Intermediate Knowledge of MS Office and Internet applications