The Network Engineer is responsible for analyzing, designing, installing, configuring, maintaining and repairing of network infrastructure and application components. Network Engineer performs a wide variety of
evaluation, maintenance, installation and training tasks to ensure the computer network performance meets company and user satisfaction. Network Engineer also provides direction, information, and recommendations regarding network configurations and installations.Responsibilities:
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the basics behind the Internet and its workings (DNS, Security,
- IP Routing, HTTP, VPN, Email Routing, SPAM, etc.)
- Configure and setup Cisco ASA, CheckPoint or Palo Alto Firewalls, VPN Concentrators and Security appliances for access to vital business applications
- Design, setup and configure complex switching environments
- Design, setup and configure complex wireless networking that supports open or secured access and the ability to support voice and video applications
- Maintain a thorough understanding of Local Area Networking
- Assist in the design of multi-server environments including IP address schemes, DNS, WINS, Ether Channel (Bonding), etc.
- Configuring and installing client and server network software for upgrading and maintaining network and telecommunication systems.
- Maintaining multi-site network operations and software applications, operating systems and regular maintenance with both private and public facilities
- Managing assigned projects and program components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives.
- Responding to inquiries from staff, administrators, service providers, site personnel and outside vendors and etc. to provide technical assistance and support
- Supervising the administration of systems and servers related network to ensure availability of services to authorized users.
- Troubleshooting malfunctions of network hardware and software applications, telephones and security systems to resolve operational issues and restore services.
- Any other duties as assigned by management
- Bachelor’s degree required, equivalent experience considered in lieu of degree
- Experience with Cisco Routers & Switches, F5 LTM & APM, F5 iRules, Nexus 7K & 5K, Cisco ASA firewalls and FWSM’s, Cisco ASR, IPS, Visio, CheckPoint, MS Servers, ITIL v3 process and foundation understanding required
- Experience with WAN technologies such as POS, DSL and MPLS required
- Knowledge of redundancy and high availability protocols such as VRRP, HSRP, GLBP, SLB, LACP, PAGP
- Advanced knowledge of network virtualization technologies including VRF, VLAN, VSS, Catalyst Switch Stacking
- Data Center and high availability design experience
- Advanced knowledge of Quality of Service
- Experience with VOIP components and converged networks
- Experience with network security standards with a solid understanding of network based security protocols and methods (e.g. IPSec, SSL, TLS, ACLs)
- Experience with load balancers (F5 and others)
- Cisco CCDP, CCNP or CCIE Certified preferred.
MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.
Rapportera det här jobbet
Rapportera det här jobbet
MAXIMUS is a leading health and human services administrator for governments in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada and Australia. We deliver administrative solutions to improve the cost effectiveness, efficiency and quality of government-sponsored benefit programs, such as Medicaid, Medicare, Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP), Health Insurance BC (British Columbia), as well as welfare-to-work and child support enforcement programs across the globe. Our primary customer base includes federal, provincial, state, county and municipal governments. MAXIMUS has more than 7,000 employees located in more than 220 offices worldwide.
We offer the following value propositions to potential employees:
Respect for Contributions
MAXIMUS fosters a culture that respects and values individual contributions and differences. We believe our differences spark innovation, develop leadership and drive exceptional performance. We have a dynamic program to achieve organization-wide diversity and we recognize that our culture strengthens our collective commitment to Helping Government Serve the People®.
A Culture of Teamwork
MAXIMUS provides a team-oriented environment, and we are proud of our collective effort to become the leading provider for the administration of government health and human services programs.
An Engaging Work Environment
At MAXIMUS, our employees are our most valuable asset and we remain dedicated to providing them with an engaging and supportive work environment and meaningful jobs that contribute to the goals of the Company.