CBIZ Network Solutions provides onsite technical support to Edward Jones home and branch office locations in the US and Canada. We are a trusted Edward Jones vendor with a strong focuson customer service. Our team troubleshoots and repairs computers, printers, telephone systems and other technical components. In addition, our team provides onsite technical support to Edward Jones as needed to coordinate projects, manage processes and provide software solutions.
CBIZ has a temporary Network Support Specialist position available in St. Louis, MO. This position primarily provides tier 2 and 3 telephony support for our client's (Edward Jones) branch offices with the intent of resolving telephony issues accurately and efficiently. Secondarily, this position provides tier 2 global branch network support for all of our clients branch offices.
The position involves the following functions and requires the following qualifications:
Essential Functions & Primary Duties
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical telephony and network problems.
- Provide technical telephony and network support to Edward Jones global branch offices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Telecommunications or Engineering preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 2 years experience in telecommunications and networking technologies or experience in a Helpdesk environment with an emphasis on analytical work.
- Experience in the maintenance and troubleshooting of branch office carrier-provided voice and data communication circuits.
- Experience in the administration and support of branch office voice technologies.
- Basic knowledge of Toshiba phone systems and eManager application.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of carrier provided features such as voicemail, caller-id, hunt groups, remote call forwarding, etc.
LAN Operations & WAN Operations
- Experience with maintenance of carrier-provided voice and data communication circuits.
- Experience with support and configuration of branch office network and telecommunications hardware, software, and/or topologies.
- Experience with the diagnosis of layer 1, 2, and 3 problems and associated errors, including media connection types, copper T1, ADSL, SDSL, Cable, and fiber optic connectivity.
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP, including conceptual knowledge of Q0S, BGP and multicast routing protocols.
- Basic Knowledge of UNIX command line.
- Basic knowledge of router, switch and UPS troubleshooting.
- Conceptual knowledge of the OSI 7-layer model.
- Basic knowledge of telecommunications principles and practices.
- Basic experience in support of and maintenance of telecommunications and/or network systems.
- Working knowledge of carrier-provided data and voice communication circuits.
- Experienced in developing support procedures for Helpdesk and Branch office to resolve basic branch telecommunications and networking issues.
- Self-motivated and able to function with minimal supervision.
- Task-oriented and focused on resolving issues.
- Effective working on a team and/or individually.
- Ability to analyze, identify and resolve basic branch offices network problems independently and/or within a team environment.
- Strong customer service skills including the ability to deal with issues diplomatically and patiently, successfully handling complaints, problems, questions, conflicts and suggestions.
- Strong interpersonal skills required to successfully work with all levels of the organization.
- Strong verbal and technical skills, including the ability to communicate technical information in lay-terms to end users.
- Basic knowledge of branch office hardware, software and operating systems
CBIZ provides full medical, dental, vision and 401K benefits. If you are interested in this position, please complete our online application at www.cbiz.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer committed to employment of Females, Minorities, Persons with Disabilities and Veterans.
An E-Verify Employer