TEGNA Media is looking for news leaders to oversee content gathering and content distribution in our newsrooms. The Content Manager will work collaboratively with other leaders and teach employees how tocreate unique, shareable content that evokes emotion on all platforms. Our ideal candidate can identify engaging content, teach others how to do so, and develop a roadmap on how to meet the goals of our company.
In this role, you will:
- Help our teams create unique newscasts or digital segments evoking emotion.
- Write, shoot and edit news stories for on-air broadcasting and digital platforms.
- Write and teach our writers to do so in an exciting, captivating and authentic manner.
- Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories.
- Develop and teach staff to develop content through social listening and independent sources.
- Research and teach how to research for facts and credibility.
- Use consumer analytics in determining content.
- Skillfully use social media and digital tools to research, discover and distribute content.
- Write and post daily on all digital platforms including social media.
- Enterprise news stories.
- Coach journalists how to write for website including attaching images and streaming video.
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories.
- Lead and inspire news teams to work together for a great newscast.
- Coach and inspire on air talent to be exciting and engaging.
- Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer.
Here's what you need:
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- 2-5 years of experience preferred, including supervision and leadership of other journalists
- Bilingual (English & Spanish) speaking preferred
- Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems
- Understanding of the tenants of professional journalism
- Skills in producing engaging, content-driven newscasts and digital content
- Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook
- Knowledge of ENPS, Edius and Axis graphics a plus
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA), formerly Gannett Co., Inc., is comprised of a dynamic portfolio of media and digital businesses that provide content that matters and brands that deliver. TEGNA reaches more than 90 million Americans and delivers highly relevant, useful and smart content, when and how people need it, to make the best decisions possible. TEGNA Media includes 46 television stations (including those serviced by TEGNA) and is the largest independent station group of major network affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. TEGNA Digital is comprised of Cars.com, the leading online destination for automotive consumers, CareerBuilder, a global leader in human capital solutions, and other powerful brands such as G/O Digital and Sightline Media Group. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.