Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified televisionbroadcasting company in the country today. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to 162 stations located in 79 geographically diverse markets and our Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
WTVC NewsChannel 9 in beautiful Chattanooga,TN has an opening for a creative News Producer. This role will be responsible for the day-to-day production of our evening newscasts. This position will also work closely with the Assistant News Director and Director on the newscast and its content. In this position you will determine the content and flow of newscasts, work with management and on-air staff to generate and write stories, and also develop content for our web site.
- Solid news judgment
- Be a compelling and accurate writer
- Able to multitask and manage their time in order to put together an exciting and informative newscast
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to execute news strategies and goals in daily newscasts
- Flexibility and on-the-spot problems solving abilities are a must
- At least one year of previous news producing experience at a commercial TV station
- Journalism degree preferred
- Proficient with non-linear editing (i.e. Avid) and newsroom systems such as iNews
When applying online, please include a recent web link of your work.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!