Job Description/Job Posting ID: 66741
7535 SHC WEST
SAH SENIOR HEALTH CENTERS
Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm
This is a full time position requiring 40 hours per week; days.
Provide clerical/office support within a physician clinic, including, but not limited to reception, telephone, medical records,
charge entry, referrals, and retrieval of medical information from internal and external systems and sources. Also provide
support by facilitating, communicating, and collaborating with both the healthcare team, and the patient/family to identify
and meet the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of the patient. Demonstrates personal accountability for relationshipbased
care, organizational mission, and core values.
Minimum Education Requirements
High School Diploma or GED required.
Minimum Experience Requirements
Previous work history that demonstrates basic office and computer skills, filing, telephone answering, reception, basic
knowledge of computor software i.e. Microsoft Word, E-mail, Excel etc.
Attention to detail.
Critical thinking and problem solving
Position Duties ( * denotes an essential functions of the position)
- Assist in providing efficient services to patients/caregivers including: accurate documentation of new/return visits tocenter/
- Timely return of medical records per provider’s written direction and routing of medical records and encounter forms/super bills to designated areas by the end of the day. *
- Utilize registry to optimize pre-visit planning for patient care needs. *
- Planning for patient appointments should be done prior to their arrival, to include insurance coverage and medical record needs.*
- Verify accuracy and update all demographic data in the electronic health record, and identify communication and financial barriers; contribute to the patient plan of care in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team if barriers are
- Promote, advocate and collaborate to protect the health, safety and rights of each patient. Recognize the patient or designee as a full partner in providing compassionate and coordinated care based on respect for the patient’s preferences, values, and needs. *
- Provide relationship-based care in which the office specialist strives to understand what is most important to the individual.
- Care will be delivered with respect for cultural differences and the diversity of human experience.
- Cross train to all clerical operations and be prepared to supplement/replace office specialist/associates work duties
- Maintain knowledge of all clinic office specialists’ work assignments outside of regular daily work assignments. *
- Maintain adequate level of supplies and maintain work and patients areas as necessary to facilitate clean, smooth
- Seeks experiences that reflect current practice in order to maintain skills and competence in role performance. *
- Evaluates one’s own integrity in relation to professional practice standards and guidelines. *
- Takes action to achieve goals identified during the evaluation process. *
- Demonstrates a commitment to the organization through ongoing participation at clinic based meetings. *
- Verbalizes an understanding of the value of measurement and the importance of continuous quality improvement data. *
- Use quality measures to improve performance and accountability for patient outcomes, patient experiences and safe delivery of care. *
- Participate in clinic-based Quality improvement, evidencebased practice and research activities.*
- Greet the patient/ family with their preferred name in any contact with the clinic; present them with a plan to start the
- Provide clerical/clinical information support to all areas of the clinic. *
- Accurately gather and process all necessary information and data to complete all requirements in medical records, referral,
- Review accuracy and update patient demographic/insurance information as needed or at least annually for each patient’s
- Obtain and process appropriate payments at time of service.*
- Support the review of accuracy and update patient demographic information as needed or at least annually for each patient’s medical record and in the appropriate computer systems. *
- Answer and place telephone calls as they relate to job duties and/or retrieve on-line/voice messaging, email including: record, transmit and assume responsibility for all incoming telephone and email messages taking accurate messages from patients/caregivers for physicians and associates.
- Contributes to continuous process improvement by taking an active role in patient experience and satisfaction.
- Schedule and confirm patient appointments and revise appointments and revise appointments as needed. *
- Maintain and report patient appointment accurately in the computer system to appropriate associates and administration.*
- Follow up with patients who have not kept important appointments. *
- Thorough and confidential maintenance of patient charts and records including importing and communication of scanned
Light Work - exert/lift up to 20 lbs force occasionally, and/or up to 10 lbs frequently)
Important notification to applicants as of Nov. 20, 2014: Effective Jan. 1, 2015, Centura Health will no longer hire tobacco users in Colorado and Kansas. The change to our policy does not apply to associates hired on or before Dec. 31, 2014 . Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.