To perform the essential functions of this position successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- B.S. or B.A. or greater in Engineering.
- Five (5) years experience in an operating
- Knowledge in Word, Excel, and Outlook and the ability and willingness to learn new software applications. Excellent organizational skills, communications skills, the ability to multi-task, and most importantly, the ability to work well in a team.
POET is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
WHY WORK FOR POET?
We believe POET stands alone as the most seasoned, accomplished and efficient force in biorefining. People like you made that happen.
With the right mix of creativity, hard work and team play, we can make great things happen for a lot of people. For you, there are many rewards:
- Personal fulfillment -- sharpening your own expertise among the brightest, most seasoned in the industry
- The energy that comes with developing an exploding new industry
- Collaborating with colleagues who know how to get the job done right
- Work that makes a real difference for thousands of people in communities across the country
- Work that has significant global impact in both environmental and economic terms
- A chance to make your mark on more than an industry, but a movement
This kind of responsibility may not be for everyone. If you're ready to take it on, we want to hear from you. This much we can guarantee: At POET, every day brings something new. We hope one of them brings us you.
POET offers a competitive benefit program that allows you to select the coverages that best fit your needs. The POET benefit plan includes:
- Health plans
- Prescription drug plan
- Dental and Vision plan(s)
- Health Saving's Account
- Flexible spending accounts for health and child care expenses
- 401(k) plan
- Income protection plans (Short- and long-term disability)
- Company paid term life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance (AD&D)
- Supplemental life insurance
- Supplemental accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- Spouse and dependent life insurance plans
- Paid time-off programs
- Paid holidays
- Profit sharing
- Smoke free campus
- Tuition reimbursement
- Team member assistance program
At POET, we believe in creativity from common sense. For more than two decades, we have had a relentless focus on developing technologies that make ethanol production more efficient. We strive to produce ethanol and other biorefined products with the smallest possible environmental footprint.
Today, we have a network of 27 plants in seven states with a capacity of more than 1.6 billion gallons of ethanol, 9 billion pounds of high protein animal feed and thousands of pounds of bio-based oils and lubricants. POET provides turnkey development, design, engineering, construction, management and marketing services for our plant network.
POET Engineers and scientists have developed technology and processes through rigorous testing at POET’s laboratories and pilot-scale ethanol plant. We have an integrated business model that combines technology development with expertise in construction, operations, risk management and marketing.
As a purpose-driven company, we remain true to our mission to reduce the reliance of the United States on foreign energy, to revitalize global agriculture and to provide a cleaner, affordable alternative to fossil fuels.Sioux Falls, SD - A Great Place to Live!
The community-wide efforts in Sioux Falls to maintain one of the healthiest environments in the nation in which to live, work and raise a family are making headlines.
Sioux Falls announced top of list in Forbe's "Best Small Cities for Business and Careers" for 10th time in 11 years.
Forbe's considers 12 metrics relating to job growth (past and projected), costs (business and living), income growth, educational attainment and projected economic growth. They also factor in quality of life issues like crime rates, cultural and recreational opportunities and net migration patterns. Finally they include the number of highly ranked colleges in an area per their annual college rankings. (August 2013)
Median Home Price: $153,000
Source: RASE (Realtor Association of the Sioux Empire Inc.)
MLS January 2014 Housing Market Statistical Reporting
LEARN MORE about why Sioux Falls is a great place to live!