Part time Accounting Assistant
This position is primarily responsible for the completion of A/R, A/P, Collections and other accounting related duties. The Incumbent will complete all stages of thesefunctions in an organized, efficient and professional manner. Incumbent will assist in other accounting department related projects and activities as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accounts Receivable: Responsible for auditing, reconciling and recording A/R transactions into QuickBooks. Process Credit Card payments. Prepare reports for management. Research discrepancies as needed.
- Accounts Payable: Responsible for auditing, reconciling and recording A/P transactions in QuickBooks. Prepare A/P reports for management and pay invoices as directed. Research discrepancies as needed.
- Perform collections duties in accordance with defined processes, including preparing past due notices, communicating with customers, and scheduling service interruptions as needed.
- Complete monthly Employee Expense Report processing.
- Complete Merchant Account reconciliations.
- Assist employees, vendors, clients, or customers by answering questions related to accounts, procedures, and services.
- Assist with small-dollar office requisition ordering, tracking and payment.
- Request, track and maintain W-9 forms, and process year-end 1099 forms.
- Assist with various accounting and billing-related tasks at the direction of management.
- Filing and maintenance of hardcopy documentation.
- Assist with client information updates.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as needed.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Must have QuickBooks experience
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a bookkeeping position (A/P & A/R) using QuickBooks
- Minimum 1 year of experience with payment collections tasks (reporting, tracking, phone calls, email)
- AA degree or certificate in accounting preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Solid QuickBooks skills and well versed in A/R and A/P functions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including intermediate Excel skills
- Ability to be proactive and use tact and professionalism in Collections related duties
- Possess knowledge of accounting terminology and practices
- Possess strong math and analytical skills
- Work independently and exercise sound judgment in escalating concerns to management
- Work effectively to meet deadlines
- Ability to interpret documentation, assemble and process data, generate reports and correspondence as needed
- Effectively communicate with all levels of staff as well as customers and vendors in a proactive manner