Company Name: The Little Clinic
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Under the day to day direction of the on-duty Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant, the general purpose of
the Patient Care Technician (PCT) position is to maximize patient flow through the clinic while providing a Stellar Patient Experience. Responsible for performing all the appropriate administrative tasks, including EMR documentation, in accordance with company policy. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist in maintaining a "365 day survey-ready" environment as required to maintain Joint Commission Accreditation.
- Greet any customers or potential patients while in the front area or near the clinic.
- Clean and organize the clinic space daily. This includes, but not limited to, taking out trash, logging and putting away supply orders, cleaning the floor under counters and around furniture.
- Answer questions, following HIPAA guidelines while in the front area.
- Utilize the Patient Care Technician PERK system.
- Determine method of payment, describing the options, prompt pay or filing with one of our accepted insurance plans.
- Copy government issued identification for all patients.
- Copy insurance card if the patient selects for insurance to be filed.
- Escort the patient to the exam room and determine the patient's chief complaint.
- Consult with the provider for questions related to scope of services (i.e. what is in scope or out of scope).
- Complete the registration process, placing the patient under the respective appointment book for the provider on duty.
- Scanning all appropriate documents, alert the provider if they need to complete the scanning.
- Collect payments and log in the EMR.
- Obtain vital signs and enter the data in the EMR in designated clinics with completed competencies.
- Continue to process the patients in the waiting area moving patients back to waiting area after obtaining vital signs and initial history. *
- Depending on patient complaint assist the provider within specified protocols, with obtaining specimens, e.g., strep, influenza, mono, urinalysis, etc.
- Provide waiting patients/potential patients guidance on registration, wait time, services that may be rendered, and payment methods.
- Answer phones, responds to questions, and return calls as necessary.
- Participate in off site events as needed.
- Participate in monthly screening events. Prepare supplies for event, registering patients, etc.
- Put together weekly order for supplies for provider's approval.
- Prepare packages and mail for shipping.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Patient Care Technicians that hold an active license either as a Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse may upon direction administer flu and pneumonia immunizations prescribed by the Provider, after completing the required credentialing paperwork and competency for immunizations subject to state regulatory requirements.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Basic computer skills
- Excellent customer service, organizational, and task-management skills
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team-based environment
- Ability to travel independently as needed.
- Basic math skills
Potential Career Path from this position:
Education Level:High School Diploma/ GED Required
The Little Clinic Jobs: At The Little Clinic our locations are staffed by board-certified nurse practitioners or physician assistants and patient care technicians to provide high-quality, convenient healthcare at an affordable price. The primary focus of our healthcare team is to promote health and wellness through appropriate diagnosis, treatment and patient education. The Little Clinic nurse practitioners and physician assistants are fully qualified to diagnose and treat common illnesses and minor injuries, prescribe medications, conduct tests, interpret lab results, provide wellness and preventive care, perform physical examinations and health screenings and administer vaccinations and injections. We’re growing and actively looking for qualified applicants to help us continue to provide high-quality healthcare and stellar service to our patients.
Kroger, one of the world's largest retailers, employs nearly 400,000 associates who serve customers in 2,625 supermarkets and multi-department stores in 34 states and the District of Columbia. With more than $108.5 billion in sales in 2014, Kroger ranks 20th on the Fortune list and we continue to grow. Recognized by Forbes as the most generous company in America, Kroger is a leader in feeding the hungry, supporting breast cancer awareness, assisting local schools and community organizations, and supporting members of the armed forces and their families. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: CO || Greenwood Village || 6000 S Holly St || 80111 || The Little Clinic || CareerBuilder || Customer Service; Health Care (The Little Clinic) || Employee || Non-Exempt|| Full-Time || None