Staff Pharmacist - Retail Per Diem
The Staff Pharmacist is responsible for providing pharmaceutical care services to retail patients in a customer service-oriented retail pharmacy environment. Primary focus is on meeting customer needs by providing direct communication and assistance when needed, and prescription and product verification for accuracy and appropriateness.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Verify the accuracy of prescriptions translated by pharmacy technicians.
- Prepare, label and dispense medications (product verification).
- Ensure compliance with Federal and State regulations pertaining to the dispensing of controlled substances and the maintenance of required records.
- Provide drug information to patients and co-workers.
- Communicate and interact with members and other health care providers regarding patient's drug therapy as needed.
- Supervise the technical support personnel who assist in the prescription filling process.