Company Name: King Soopers
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Provide exceptional customer service in a safe and clean environment to ensure the customer's return visit. We
accomplish this in many ways including, but not limited to; treating our customers/employees in a fair and ethical manner, promoting an inclusive work environment, being a responsible member of the community, providing the right products at the right time with fair and accurate pricing. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Promote trust and respect among associates.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the department and throughout the store.
- Gain and maintain knowledge of products sold within the department and be able to respond to questions and make suggestions about products.
- Communicate verbally with customers and store personnel
- Receive prescriptions from customers, assure validity
- Dispense filled prescriptions accurately to customers
- Input information into computer for processing
- Contact doctors' offices to request refill authorization
- Input prescription and customer information into the computer system accurately.
- Bag filled prescriptions
- Order drugs and prescription supplies, verify orders and stock to correct locations
- Facilitate charge purchases for customers
- Practice safe drug handling procedures within the legal guidelines and regulations
- Maintain accurate records for pharmacy
- Clean and maintain sanitation and appearance in pharmacy
- Rotate product, monitor code dates, and remove out of code product.
- Count, pour and retrieve legend drugs for prescription filling
- Prepare prescriptions for mailing
- Return prescription drugs to stock at appropriate intervals
- Process and bill third party insurance companies; Contact insurance companies on behalf of customers when necessary.
- Complete required forms and reports properly
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Report all safety risk, or issues, and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- High school education or equivalent
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must pass drug screen and criminal background check
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Proficient keyboard skills
- Effective communication skills and phone etiquette
- Knowledge of basic math: counting, addition, and subtraction
- Must pass national certification exam within 12 months of pharmacy department employment and maintain that certification with biannual renewals. Demotion will follow if the certification is not attained or maintained.
Desired Previous Job Experience
- Previous comparable experience
Education Level: High School Diploma/ GED Required
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Part-Time
Shift(s): Day; Evening
Jobs at King Soopers: At King Soopers, we hire people who have a passion for helping others and who want to build a relationship with our Customers. No matter what stage of your career, you can build your future at King Soopers. We look for people who want more, aspire to be more and work hard to achieve their goals. Our focus on keeping the Customer first is what makes us successful. We offer many opportunities not only in our stores, but in Manufacturing, Logistics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and many other fields.
Kroger, one of the world's largest retailers, employs nearly 400,000 associates who serve customers in 2,625 supermarkets and multi-department stores in 34 states and the District of Columbia. With more than $108.5 billion in sales in 2014, Kroger ranks 20th on the Fortune list and we continue to grow. Recognized by Forbes as the most generous company in America, Kroger is a leader in feeding the hungry, supporting breast cancer awareness, assisting local schools and community organizations, and supporting members of the armed forces and their families. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: CO || Bennett || 1045 S 1St St || 80102 || King Soopers || [[mfield2]] || Customer Service; Pharmacy; Store Operations || Employee || Non-Exempt|| Part-Time || None