CMSCorporation is a construction contractor with design-build experience and strong self-performance capabilities in mechanical, piping and fabrication work. Our scope of services encompasses new construction, renovations, energy and sustainability, and buildingoperations maintenance and repairs.
CMS is looking for a journeyman level Pipefitter/Welder to join our team. Qualified applicants must be willing to travel, pass a drug test, and pass an extensive back ground check in order to work on Department of Defense project locations. This is a full-time position with benefits.
The Pipefitter/Welder is responsible for assembling, installing and maintaining pipe systems and pipe supports used to carry, water, steam, air, and other liquids and gases.
- Plan pipe system layout, installation, or repair, according to specifications
- Inspect, examine, or test installed systems or pipe lines, using pressure gauge, hydrostatic testing, observation, or other methods
- Attach pipes to walls, structures, or fixtures such as radiators or tanks, using brackets, clamps tool, or welding equipment
- Assemble or secure pipes, tubes, fittings, or related equipment according to specifications by welding , brazing, cementing, soldering or threading joints
- Lay out full scale drawings of pipe systems, supports, and related equipment following blueprints
- Cut thread, or hammer pipes to specifications using tools such as saws, cutting torches, pipe threaders or pipe benders