The Woodbridge Group® a global manufacturer of foam products and just in time assembly & sequencing for diversified products offers innovative urethane and bead foam technologies, to serve the automotive industryand several other business sectors around the globe. Since its inception in 1978, the company has grown to more than 60 facilities throughout North and South America, Europe and Asia Pacific.
The key competitive strength for the Woodbridge Group® continues to revolve around its people and their commitment to improve everything they do. With over 8,000 employees worldwide, The Woodbridge Group® is focused on evolving workplace safety, sustainable environmental stewardship and enduring customer satisfaction, in each of the markets they serve.
To ensure plant, equipment and grounds are kept in a safe and efficient operating level to ensure production levels are maintained at all times. Manage the plant maintenance department to ensure continuous improvement in cost effectiveness and efficiency, safe operation of all equipment and systems.
- Provide overall direction, training and supervision to maintenance staff and outside suppliers
- Responsible for ensuring safe work practices of personnel, proper management of resources, quality services and ensuring business objectives are achieved
- Establish maintenance routines and procedures
- Plan, budget, schedule and co-ordinate capital projects
- Provide manufacturing engineering services to site
- Ensure environmental and HS&E audit compliance
- Will be responsible for key elements in the safety leadership program.
- Responsible for prudent management of departmental budget including budget preparation and cost control
- A member of the management team with responsibility for planning, health/safety, budgeting and implementing TQM and best methods
- Play an essential role in the health & safety and quality audit process
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of five years of progressive management experience in a manufacturing environment in maintenance, or plant engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have demonstrable project/management skills coupled with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be a strong planner, well organized, able to handle conflicting priorities and have experience in managing manufacturing contractors and technical staff
- Must possess a sound technical knowledge in applicable engineering principles/codes.
- Must be knowledgeable of all environment and safety issues and related legislation.
- Excellent computer skills (spread sheet, AutoCAD, etc.)
- Knowledge of SPC and automotive quality standards, statistical experiments, metering pumps, sensors and transducers, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, Continuous Improvement, 5S, Kaizen, and TPM