Produce Department Manager-in-Training
In your role as the Produce Department Manager-in-Training, you’re accountable for the successful day-to-day operations of the Produce Department. The
operations include the implementation of company standards,
Alaska Commercial Company (ACC) is a growing company with a long history of serving rural Alaskans. For more than 140 years, we have been providing groceries and general merchandise to the people of Alaska. As was true more than 140 years ago, our stores continue to be a vital center of local community life. In 1992, the company was purchased by The North West Company (NWC) from then owner The Commercial Enterprise Development Corporation of Alaska. This acquisition by NWC made the combined companies the largest North American rural retailers and one of the largest employers in the State of Alaska. Learn more about ACC: acvaluecenter.com.
• Ensure Produce Department meets and exceeds all standards of customer service, satisfaction, presentation, and cleanliness;
• Deal quickly and effectively with customer complaints, requests, and inquiries;
• Provide proper staffing to meet daily business needs, including breaks and meal periods;
• Fully support and participate in all advertising campaigns and strategies as directed through Procurement
• Responsible for crisping, trimming, wrapping, and displaying produce in merchandise cases and on produce tables;
• Supervise, coach, and develop employees;
• Monitor inventory levels and shrink reduction, and rotate stock to guarantee freshness;
• Build customer-attracting merchandise displays;
• Ensure customers get the products they need; and
• Maintain equipment as directed by the manufacturer.