Product Manager Electrical Switch Gear
Anixter is a Fortune 500 company and a leading global supplier of communication and security products and electrical and electronic wire and cable. Our
Anixter offers competitive salary and a bonus program to reward your results. We are known for our exceptional training and on-going development programs to support your career growth including a tuition reimbursement. We provide our employees excellent benefits including medical, dental, 401(k) with employer match, and additional company provided retirement benefits.
Anixter is looking for a Product Manager to lead and manage our Low and Medium Voltage Electrical Switch Gear strategy and business for North America. This person will set supplier direction, vendor strategy, product positioning at key vertical markets, and overall work with Anixter sales team to execute product strategy.
- Build and maintain at a National level, key vendor relationships and National expansion of switch gear lines.
- Coordinate trainings, staffing and requirements for Branch quotations/gear specialists.
- Help manage Switch Gear product strategy at Industrial / Pharma/ Critical Power applications, and help with our EPC/Large Capital projects team.
- Electrical switchgear Product Management or Product Marketing experience.
- Work effectively with Anixter sales teams.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to build vendor and customer confidence as a trusted advisor.
- Able to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
- Manage vendor relationships.
- Experience leading and executing product marketing programs on a National scale.
- Yearly business planning and strategic execution.
- Field engagement and strategy to drive sales.
- Manage Marketing Solutions programs for key verticals markets: Industrial Construction, Commercial and Residential Construction, Mining, EPC- large capital projects, and Waste Water.
- Develop technical sales tools for the Inside and Outside Sales Teams.
- Drive Gear strategy at key Complex OEM’s.
- Develop co-op programs with suppliers that maximize the supplier investment.
- Able to travel to trade shows, sales meetings, and vendor meetings.
- Manage on-line internal sales tools and website.
- 4 year College degree with BSEE or BSME
- Minimum 8 years Switch Gear experience
- Minimum 3 years product management experience
- Experience with managing vendors
- Electrical distribution sales and marketing experience
- Strong computer skills including Excel, Word and ability to learn internal systems
- Ability to work effectively with others
- Strong self-motivation and drive
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work at a fast-pace and learn products, systems, and sales management processes
- Aspirations to advance career
Our founders developed the Blue Book more than 40 years ago to present the beliefs and ethos that define our business style. While we have grown and changed dramatically since we were established in 1957, one thing has remained constant: our commitment to the values presented in the Blue Book. You can review The Blue Book here.
Anixter is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer; Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
We require all of our employees to perform work in an ethical manner and uphold a culture of honesty and ethics at all times.