Position: Production Manager
Great location in the Adirondack Mountains. The perfect location and a great job opportunity.
My client is looking for a strong leader to join their seniorteam as a Production Manager. This is a privately held company with a 120 year history of providing quality products to their customers.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates the safety, environmental and operational aspects including mill process, product availability, quality packaging, and shipping.
- Coordinates the functioning of operating systems and equipment throughout the Plant. Participates in decision-making for the recommendation, requisition and installation of new equipment.
- Ensures production areas and services comply with applicable MSHA and industry standards.
- Plans and directs the operational and support activities of the plant and oversees the supervision of personnel, which includes work allocation, training, and problem resolution. Motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
- Acts as a liaison between staff and management in the resolution of day-to-day administrative and operational problems.
- Participates in and coordinates the design and implementation of data collection and analysis of systems for production needs. Schedules and assigns staff to production areas to ensure production output meets stated product specifications and customer delivery requirements.
- Actively participates in management meetings and makes recommendations to improve production efficiency and safety standards within production areas.
- Reviews and interprets financial and operating information, as appropriate; coordinates and develops periodic financial and/or operating analyses, and prepares financial/business reports for senior management.
- Acts as liaison with all levels of the organization to keep them informed of production, product availability, and shipping dates. Communicates customer issues and complaints, and follows up to resolve discrepancies and ensure complete satisfaction.
Direct supervision of two departments with frequent responsibility for planning, coordinating and directing the activities of subordinates.