Education: High School Diploma or GED
Driver's License: Valid State License
Location: Henderson, CO
Schedule: Monday through Friday 7:00 am to 3:30 pm.
Incumbent must wear PPE including respirator during mixing of chemicals.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Last Updated: January 2016
The Lead Powder Room Blender is responsible for mixing dry chemical ingredients to produce the products we sell to our customers. This position is critical in that it is responsible for ensuring accurate production and packaging of critical products.
The Lead Blender shall be responsible for all activities in the powder room. These duties include:
1. Blending dry chemicals and packaging products
2. Supervising blending
3. Taking samples and ensuring the quality of products being made and packaged
4. Scheduling set batches to meet production needs
5. Ensure that employees are working safely in the area
6. Communicating with Plant Manager and Quality Control to ensure documentation of process improvements
7. Inventory control will be critical in this position. Ensuring accurate posting of inventory transfers. Lead shall also facilitate inventory cycle counting activities when area of supervision is affected.
8. Communicate maintenance needs to the Plant Manager and facilitating the repairs of equipment
9. Work with Shipping Supervisor to ensure that all demand is fulfilled
10. Cross-train with food-grade blender to ensure coverage of this department
11. Lead shall on occasion be asked to participate in Operation meetings to report on the status of the powder room. May also be asked to provide input on the improvement of the ISO 9001 process procedures and any other process documentation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND EXPECTATIONS
• Must be able to stand all day, lift up to 50-70 pounds frequently, move, bend, and manipulate machinery to blend chemicals. Must be able to follow detailed directions.
• Working knowledge of computers and manufacturing software.
• Working knowledge of product line.
• Ensuring department is compliant with all ISO 9001 requirements.
• Safely operate forklift and other warehouse equipment.
• Speak, read, and write in English.
• Chemical blending experience.
• Detail orientation.
• Reliable, must be at work and on time consistently.
• 1-3 years of manufacturing experience.
• Forklift certification and/or training.
• Able to work in a team environment.
We are looking to fill this position ASAP please send resume