Minimum Licensure & Certification Required (if applicable):
1. Current license from Maryland Board of Nursing or Compact State as Registered Nurse (RN).
2. National certification in clinical specialty (national certification mustbe acquired by end of probationary six month period; if not acquired and maintained, not eligible to remain in role).
3. Role certification preferred.
4. BLS Healthcare Provider and/or ACLS Instructor Status certification from American Heart Association preferred.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
1. Masters Degree, with clinical or non-clinical focus.
2. Teaching experience preferred.
3. Minimum of five (5) years of related clinical experience (if hired in area with substantially different clinical knowledge set, will be expected to demonstrate clinical expertise in practice area within six months to one (1) year).
4. Skills at level of advanced practice nurse, as evidenced by portfolio, recommendation letters, references, and interviews; leadership, communication, collaboration, mentoring, and change skills; utilizes evidence to develop, teach, guide, and implement practice standards and policies.
5. Available to meet educational needs on all shifts.
6. Computer skills, using various applications, such as internet, e-mail, word processing, presentations, and databases.
Experienced bilingual candidates who, in addition to English, are fluent in speaking, writing and interpreting Spanish, French, Portuguese, or Mandarin Chinese, are strongly encouraged to apply.