Job ID: 16067
Bimbo Bakeries USA (BBU) is a leader in the baking industry, known for its category leading brands, innovative products, freshness and quality. Our team
Our Mission: To Nourish, Delight & Serve America Every Meal, Every Day
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Greet customers, maintain awareness and assist with the selection of product when requested, or when customer need is apparent.
- Have a thorough understanding of product availability, ingredients and nutritional information.
- Communicate this information to customers.
- Answer the telephone within three (3) rings and in a friendly and helpful manner.
- Responsible for customer service issues in the absence of the Store Manager or as assigned by the Store Manager.
- Insure that customer service goals and standards are maintained and superior customer service is delivered at all times.
- Assure that fast, efficient check-out occurs by opening additional registers when more than three customers are in line, until all registers are open.
- Operate the cash register effectively and handle cash and change within company policy, with responsibility for variances.
- Assure stock levels on the sales floor are maintained at all times. Accomplish that by making a needs list, pulling product from reserve freezer and stocking onto shelf in its assigned place. Apply all required stickers.
- Maintain product pricing, signage and coding on the sales floor.
- Unload trucks and check orders.
- Maintain freezer product at a safe and acceptable level, in a logical and accessible order so that all products can be easily found and accessed.
- Perform store cleaning regularly to insure store exceeds all cleanliness standards.
- Maintain cleanliness of the parking lot and all garbage areas in an acceptable condition.
- Maintain a clean, neat work area, disposing of cardboard and garbage in the proper manner.
- Carts and baskets are to be neat and in order at all times.
- Maintain a safe working environment for customers and fellow employees.
- Follow all safe working practices.
- Prepare for and participate in counting store physical inventory.
- Participate in store Team meetings and training.
- React to all business needs promptly and with a sense of urgency.
- Communicate effectively with store management and fellow employees to assure customers' needs are met and the store operates effectively.
- Perform other duties or tasks as requested.
- Must be able to deal with customers working under pressure where tact may be required to maintain continued customer satisfaction.
- Working knowledge of cash registers.
- Speed and accuracy in data entry is a must.
- Good knowledge of general accounting principles.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule working weekends
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.