To be considered for a Purchasing Agent position you must have:
● Aggressive and decisive decision making abilities
● Efficiency minded; constantly seeking cost improvement
● Self-starter committed to
true company support.
● Team focused with strong communication and customer service skills
● Detail oriented with the ability to focus on big picture objectives
● Extremely reliable, consistent and accurate
● Impeccable follow-up and follow-through
● Effective communicator; both oral and written.
● Innovative; embracing of out of the box thinking
● Must be able to work on a number of projects at one time and prioritize based on the needs of the company.
● Minimum of 2 years successful experience as a Purchasing Agent for a residential production builder or like experience in a role negotiating construction costs, generating purchasing documents, working closely with trades, distributors and manufacturers to create value
● Experience with computer systems such as Word and Excel
● High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
● Associate’s Degree (A.A.) or certificate preferred
● Knowledge of the residential building industry and codes
● Thorough knowledge and understanding of blue prints and construction documents