Plan, organize and direct all activities of the Meggitt Aircraft Braking Systems Quality Assurance organization to ensure optimum quality levels of the product line.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Responsible for Manufacturing Quality Engineering, Quality Clinic, CMM, NDT and General Inspection.
- Develop and maintain measurement systems for quality costs, indicators and trends.
- Coordinate and assist in writing and updating all procedures and work instructions for each quality function in Akron.
- Assist in the investigation and response to all manufacturing related customer complaints.
- Conduct routine and non-routine analyses of in-process materials, raw materials, environmental samples, finished goods or stability samples.
- Participate in out-of-specification and failure investigations and recommend corrective actions.
- Drive product and process improvements using continuous improvement tools (such as MPS, Lean, SPC, etc).
- Supervisor Quality Engineers, CMM Programmers, NDT and General Inspection.
- Instrumental in analysis of hardware failure to ensure appropriate corrective action(s) in conjunction with Operations and Product Engineering.
- Direct analysis of hardware documentation and product producibility to determine levels required by Quality Assurance and Inspection for proper support of the system.
- Direct and institute statistical process control and capability studies within Akron.
- Foster sound administrative relationships by ensuring adherence to Corporate and Divisional policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, understand and comprehend documents such as customer PO's, prints, specifications and procedure manuals.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary
Education : Post-Secondary Degree plus 5 years manufacturing quality experience, or additional experience in lieu of education that will allow successful performance of job expectation will be considered.
- Keen analytical skills with a high level of attention to details in order to prepare statistical analysis
- Ability to make technical and managerial decisions which will have a significant effect on Quality Assurance
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to lead cross-functional teams as well as communicate effectively with all internal and external customers and employees in a timely and effective manner
- Able to lead, plan and direct technical efforts, and apply technical tools to meet team objectives
- In-depth understanding and demonstrated application and utilization of continuous improvement tools (MPS, Lean, SPC etc)
- Experience directing Union employees preferred.