Qualifying Candidates Now for Our Scheduled Interview Day on Wednesday, April 24th | Pre-register via the link below to learn more and begin the qualification process.
Have you ever wanted to get up close to an Airbus or Boeing airplane? Are you an outdoors type who enjoys all kinds of weather? Do you like physical work that keeps you fit? You're a great candidate for a role as a part-time Ramp Service Employee / Baggage Handler for United Airlines. We're hiring on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shifts.
As part of our baggage handling team, you'll be in constant motion as you take on many assignments like loading and unloading aircraft cargo, moving baggage to and from terminals, and receiving and dispatching aircraft. It's a varied job that can be fun, tiring, rewarding and exhilarating, all at once.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- You will be working outside in all kinds of weather, as we don't stop flying when it rains, snows or is too hot.
- You must love physical activity, as you will be lifting as many as 100 items per flight, some weighing as much as 70 lbs.
- You should be committed to caring for bags as if they were your own (passengers can see you!) and providing excellent customer service for your fellow United employees.
- You'll need a commitment to safety at all times, including an attention to detail and your surroundings.
- Minimum of 18 years old
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Ability to operate a computer to enter and retrieve data
- A valid state issued driver's license with acceptable driving record
- Ability to pass a background check, physical abilities test, hearing and vision tests, and drug screen
- Eligibility to obtain necessary credentials and clearances (FAA, TSA, Port Authority, U.S. Customs and U.S. Postal)
- Must NOT have lived outside of the United States in the past 5 years for any period longer than six months, excluding military duty or government-approved exceptions
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT