Covenant Surgical Partners is looking for the right person to fit the role of Registered Nurse in our Advanced Endoscopy and Pain Center located in Lancaster, CA. This is a busy center. If you like to work this is the place to be.
SHIFT: This is a Full-time position, Monday - Friday. Work hours are typically between 6 AM - 5 PM.
Under general direction from Center Manager, the Registered Nurse provides professional nursing care through assessment, planning, treatment and evaluation of the patient. The registered nurse is responsible for delivering safe, knowledgeable, compassionate, educative and individualized nursing care to patients and families.
PERKS: Free Lunch and plenty of free parking.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Verifies that essential equipment is functioning properly each day.
2. Performs patient preparation, including but not limited to: review of medical history, acquisition of appropriate consents, measuring vital signs, starting IV, administering medications, and setting up appropriate monitors. Assists in relieving patient's apprehension before and during administration of IV sedation or anesthesia.
3. Assesses and monitors patients before, after and throughout all phases of care, demonstrating competency with all monitoring equipment.
4. Transports and positions patients as needed.
5. Records and documents all vital signs and assembles and maintains all related patient records.
6. Maintains patient safety, and ensures a clean, orderly environment throughout the Center.
7. Assists physicians in all procedures.
8. Addresses individual patient needs, and completes all pre and post-op physician orders.
9. Adheres to CDC Bodily Fluid precautions and infectious waste disposal according to policy.
10. Manages supply inventory, ordering and restocking supplies as needed.
11. Conducts pre and post-procedure orientation and instruction of patient and/or patient's family, communicating a positive and caring attitude. Provides verbal and written discharge criteria.
12. Assists with post-procedure telephone interviews.
13. Performs other duties as requested or assigned.