Job Title Residential Recycling Helper
Division 4975: AWS - Shreveport
Location 22211: Shreveport-6896 Industrial Lo
Position Type Full-Time
Exempt Status Non-Exempt
The Helper rides on the vehicle and assists a Driver in providing prompt, courteous and complete waste removal services for customers who reside on a designated residential route. The Helper is responsible for safely loading waste and poly carts, as well as carrying bags and containers to the vehicle for disposal. The position assists the Driver in maneuvering his or her vehicle by directing the Driver from the ground. In addition, the Helper helps to maintain the cleanliness of the vehicle, as well as the residential route and work area.
• Ride on the vehicle to assist the Driver while servicing residential customers on a designated route.
• Climb on and off vehicle to load refuse, waste and poly carts; lift and carry trash bags and containers to the truck for disposal. • Operate packing mechanism and various levers and handles to activate the lifting and loading mechanism.
• Assist Driver is safely operating the vehicle by directing the Driver from the ground.
• Clean waste from the packer blade and truck body on each disposal trip; spray and clean the hopper and truck.
• Perform complete pre- and post-operation inspection of the vehicle in accordance with Company policy; report any safety issues on standard reports.
• Courteously interact with all customers, dispatchers and others on a daily basis to ensure all customer routes are serviced in a timely and professional manner.
• Continuously monitor waste for evidence of unacceptable waste.
• Clean area around an accidental waste spill, ensuring adherence to all applicable safety standards and policies.
• Maintain adherence to required productivity standards for the department to ensure all customers are service in a timely and efficient manner.
• Follow all required safety policies and procedures.
• Actively participate in the Company’s ReSOP program.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by this position, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.