Directs, delegates, performs and evaluates nursing care which is developmental and age specific for the population served. Coordinates, supervises, directs and evaluates others providing care in a manner consistent with The Nebraska Nurse Practice Act and in support of the mission of Good Samaritan Hospital Systems. Actual job tasks may vary depending on the unit or department assigned.
1. Professional Development/Accountability: Assumes personal responsibility for professional development, practice, and education. Maintains a professional and safe work environment. Professional development and accountability to include knowledge-based competencies related to:
• Abuse and neglect
• Standard precautions and infection control
• Pain management
• Patient safety
• Restraints and seclusion
• Emergency preparedness
2. Nursing Process: Assessment:
• Assesses patient and family needs. Incorporates standards of care and nursing diagnosis to include both observation and body system assessment.
• Uses the nursing process to provide continuum of care based on observation and documentation.
• Collaborates with patient, family, multidisciplinary team, in assessing care needs.
Nursing Process: Planning/Implementation:
• Collaborates with patient, family, and multidisciplinary team to plan age specific care across the continuum.
• Includes problem solving, planning for care, and education as needed to prevent adverse outcomes.
Nursing Process: Evaluation:
• Evaluates patient/family response to care, education and multidisciplinary interventions.
• Evaluates progress toward defined goals/outcomes, and revises goals/interventions as needed.
Nursing Process: Problem Solving/Anticipates Needs:
• Responds to changes in patient condition utilizing accepted principles of nursing practice.
• Follows up on internal customer concerns according to policy and utilizing best practice.
Nursing Process: Quality:
• Provides care and services in a manner that strives for ongoing process improvement.
• Promotes patient and family involvement.
Nursing Process: Patient/Family Centered Care:
• Care Plan Development
• Patient Satisfaction
• Participates in and supports the cultural needs of the patient and family.
Nursing Process: Healthcare Team Partnerships:
• Works closely and successfully with other disciplines and team members including physicians
• Promotes a healthy working environment
Nursing Process: Mission/Values:
• Behaviors and Behavior Contract
• Patient Satisfaction
• Adheres to confidentiality standards consistent with HIPAA
Nursing Process: Stewardship:
• Performs value-added activities that contribute to good stewardship of resources including supplies and staff
Nursing Process: Other Related Duties:
• Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Hours: 1800-0630, every third weekend