Pediatric Nurse , RN , Registered Nurse , Emergency Department .
WHY CHOOSE TO JOIN THE PRESBYTERIAN/ST. LUKE’S TEAM?
• Work with an engaged staff who are invested in
• With a unified team of workers, there is a positive impact in quality of care, patient satisfaction and staff morale.
• Professional development opportunities, including tuition reimbursement
• Fast growing hospital ER
• The only ER with both a pediatric emergency department and adult emergency department
• Advanced technology and equipment to increase efficiency and patient comfort and recovery
• Nitrous Oxide for sedation to quicken procedures
• Hylenex subcutaneous fluid administration method for patients with difficult IV access
• Vapotherm-new method for decreasing utilization of ventilators for patients with respiratory distress
• A Denver Market leader with efficiency metrics that greatly affects our patient’s experiences in the ER
The Emergency Department RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses, plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Prioritizes patient care based on acuity level and available resources.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Assists physician during examination, treatment and procedures.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.