Perform tasks related to the collection and evaluation of data required to monitor project schedules. Learn to apply the principles and techniques of resource monitoring to specific tasks.
- Develop, draft and computerize construction schedules for assigned area of work under direct supervision.
- Calculate material/work quantity requirements (takeoffs); monitor progress, percentage complete per work item.
- Calculate/prepare various comparison reports, charts, and tables for project analysis.
- May draft construction schedule network. Enter data into computer, and debug and correct computer data.
- Assist in developing primary schedules and maintaining manhour forecasts; report schedule variances per established deadlines.
- Assist in analyzing work progress and developing craft productivity reports to document activity requirement per construction schedules.
- Assist in preparing special reports, studies, etc., requested by the client and /or project management.
- May develop schedules for small portion of a project under close supervision.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
SKILLS, KNOLWEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS, & EXPERIENCE:
Educational and experience requirements include: Four year engineering degree or equivalent combinations training and related experience. Basic knowledge of resource monitoring techniques such as CPM networks, plus basic understanding of construction technology, process systems and/or structures required.