The Business Entity
Global Virtual Engineering (GVE) is the technical arm of Cisco's award-winning Virtual Sales Organization. The Global Security Sales Organization (GSSO) group within GVE is tasked with growing young in career team members into strong, security focused System Engineers providing a talented Consulting Systems Engineer candidate pool utilized by GSSO to build an even more robust Field Security Sales organization.
Cisco Security delivers intelligent cybersecurity for the real world, providing one of the industry's most comprehensive advanced threat protection portfolio that is integrated, pervasive, continuous and open. Cisco's threat-centric approach to security reduces complexity while providing unmatched visibility, continuous control and advanced threat protection across the entire attack continuum -- before, during and after an attack.
GVE and GSSO are taking big steps to position Cisco as the #1 IT Security provider in the industry. In addition to having the right market conditions, capabilities, products and services, we need the right people to take us there. We are focused on making the world a better and safer place from the CyberSecurity perspective and you can be a part of that!
The Security Systems Engineer is a Strategic Security Advisor to the customer base and provides guidance and assists account teams in building solutions to address specific customer Business, Technical and Security needs. In this position you will be working and advising our technology experts to help them position Cisco's security solutions effectively against competing offerings.
Role & Responsibilities
The Security Systems Engineer is responsible for owning all aspects of technical pre-sales requests. The candidate will provide deep technical coverage for both individual Cisco Security products as well as overall Security Architectures utilizing multiple Security products. The candidate will be required to work as a part of global virtual team and deliver support leveraging Cisco collaboration technologies such as Telepresence, WebEx and Desktop Video Conferencing solutions. As part of this role, successful candidates will routinely perform the following tasks:
● Security Evangelist and Innovator for the internal teams, the Partner teams and our customer/Prospect base
● Keep up-to-date on relevant competitive solutions, products and services and provide the team with updates on your area of expertise
● Drive product roadmaps and alignment between the customer and relevant business entities
● Provide specific solution/technology/product consulting, technical and sales support for account opportunities.
● Understand business requirements for customer base and be able to translate them into technical requirements
● Articulate our Unique Business Value by mapping our differentiating capabilities against the customer’s Business Drivers
● Understand and articulate Cisco's architectures and services within Security technologies and create, present, and document technical solutions
● Perform both high-level as well as in-depth technical presentations for customers, partners and prospects illustrating the value Cisco Security Architectures brings to our customers and partners
● Actively participate as a Security specialist in a Virtual SE Team and provide consultative support and training across the team
● Specialized Security experience/knowledge including Network Security (Firewalls/NGIPS) and an understanding of the Security Threat Landscape
● Utilizing various Open Source Security tools such as Snort, Bro, Security Onion, etc.
● Solid presentation and interpersonal skills
● Highly motivated self-starter who does not need day-to-day management
● BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent
● Working in a Virtual environment utilizing various communication methods and products to connect with customers
● Experience utilizing shell scripting and programming languages
● Relevant Industry certifications including Cisco CCIE/CCNP, CISSP, GIAC, etc. a plus
● Pre-sales experience a definite plus
Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more relevant than ever before in our lives. Our employees' revolutionary ideas impact everything imaginable - from entertainment, retail, healthcare, and education, to public and private sectors, smart cities, smart cars, and everyday devices in our homes. Here, that means you’ll take creative ideas from the drawing board to powerful solutions that have real world impact. You’ll interface with Cisco leaders, partner with experienced mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You’ll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you’ll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be inspired.