Reporting directly to the Manager of Operations, Supply Chain, Product Development and Quality Systems, the Senior Systems Specialist of SAP Systems is an expert in project management, IT development
and implementation methods, business analytics, and the enablement of business process requirements using SAP systems.
The Senior Systems Specialist is accountable for the successful delivery and management of small, medium and large projects; and in this capacity, the Senior Systems Specialist is responsible for managing the schedule, budget, scope, resources, issues and risks. The Senior Systems Specialist is also responsible for ensuring the project is delivered according to Kärcher North America's IT project methodology.
The Senior Systems Specialist functional competence includes, but is not limited to, SAP ECC SD, LE, PP, and MM module processes and configuration. The Senior Systems Specialist technical knowledge includes, but is not limited to, the SAP ABAP programming language, SAP Basis, IDoc/ALE, and workflow. In addition, this role is expected to develop business process expertise in the assigned area.
The Senior Systems Specialist will develop and maintain a strong partnership with corporate IT based in Germany, and is responsible for leveraging centrally provided IT services when applicable.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following list:
• Manage small, medium and large IT projects.
• Participate as a team member in IT projects.
• Document business requirements, functional and technical specifications, test and cutover plans.
• Create system design proposals.
• Lead requirements definition, technical design, testing and cutover planning sessions.
• Provide production support for IT systems in the assigned area.
• Monitor daily operations for IT systems in the assigned area.
• Program and configure systems as required to meet project and production support needs.
• Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
• Provide guidance and/or instruction to junior staff members.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Participate in the Manager of Operations, Supply Chain, Product Development and Quality Systems staff meetings.
• Occasionally provide after hours support.
• Travel to each of Kärcher North America's production and distribution facilities as needed.
• Travel to Kärcher's corporate headquarters in Germany as needed.
• This position is expected to have the experience and knowledge to be able to work in a largely independent and proactive manner.
• Ongoing coaching is provided by the Manager of Operations, Supply Chain, Product Development and Quality Systems.
• Lead project teams ranging from 2 – 10 people, including IT, internal business partners and vendors.
• Manage projects ranging from $25,000 to $500,000 in cost.
• University degree in the field of computer science, information systems, engineering or business administration is preferred.
• 2+ years project management.
• 5+ years SAP R/3 or SAP ECC configuration and development.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Excellent communication and documentation skills: functional documents, design documents, and process flows.
• Must have excellent analytical skills.
• Excellent understanding of Software Development Lifecycle and Product Lifecycles.
• Proven ability to understand an organization's goals and objectives.
• Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams.
• Demonstrated ability to apply IT in solving business problems.
• Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.