SOCIAL MEDIA COMMUNITY MANAGER
A Social Media Community Manager is an advocate responsible for optimizing the Sterling brand on social networks. They actively go out within the online community to connect withpotential customers and steer the brand. The Social Media Community manager will boost awareness for the company and expand our visual presence in the industry’s social media by engaging in online chats, blogging, micro-blogging and community participation leadership. The successful candidate will join our internal marketing team to collaborate in this effort to build and maintain the company’s reputation.
- Engage in online listening to monitor conversations and reviews for Sterling’s brand and craft consistent responses as needed (Yelp, Glassdoor, Cardpaymentoptions.com etc.);
- Create, curate and promote engaging content for sterlingpayment.com, ShopPOS.com and B2B Group website and Sterling’s social media channels to support customer and partner facing sales initiatives and increase visibility of Sterling with targeted customers, prospects and partners;
- Monitor and report on competitive social channels;
- Research opportunities to connect with Sterling’s target audience in the payments and POS industries;
- Collaborate with marketing team and outside resources to create content for social channels;
- Manage development of creative assets across social media (Facebook timeline cover, profile pic, thumbnails, infographics, ads, Twitter and LinkedIn profiles);
- Analyze social performance and reputation management efforts and provide key metrics to management;
- Keep up to date on advances in digital marketing best practices;
- Complete miscellaneous job duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS / SKILLS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 2+ years social media experience in a B2B environment ;
- BS or BA Preferred in Marketing or related field (equivalent experience may substitute for degree);
- Understands the power of feed marketing;
- Knowledge of search engine optimization-think including basic keyword research. We name and tag our posts based on research;
- Discretion to identify threats and opportunities in user generated content;
- Strong record of creating and managing successful social content to drive brand awareness and engage diverse audience across social platforms;
- Strong understanding of social media and social media analytics;
- Knowledge of popular review sites (Yelp, Glassdoor)and proven results managing business reputation through variety of initiatives;
- Effective time management skills, work effectively under pressure and set personal deadlines, while working with limited supervision;
- Analytical, problem solving, decision making skills;
- Excellent verbal and writing skills;
- High competency in Microsoft Office.