Job Title Special Waste Executive
Division 4350: AWS - Edwardsville
Location 17221: Edwardsville-4601 Cahokia Cre
Position Type Full-Time
Exempt Status Exempt
Within a designated market, a Special Waste Sales Representative is responsible for identifying leads, proactively prospecting and selling special waste services to customers and/or designated agents. The Special Waste Sales Representative may sell event disposal and hauling services when a clear opportunity is present. The Special Waste Sales Representative is also responsible for building, maintaining and growing long-term relationships with these clients to grow the revenue base and meet and exceed the monthly targeted revenue growth objectives in support of the Company’s overall goals and objectives. The Special Waste Sales Representative meets regularly with contractors, prospective and existing clients in his or her assigned market area to deliver sales presentations, follow up with key decision makers and sell all special waste and other services, as appropriate.
• Identifies viable leads, manages prospects and sells special waste services offered by the division(s) to meet and exceed monthly established targeted revenue goals.
• Develops and implements sales and marketing action plans, including key objectives, in support of the sales and overall special waste goals of assigned landfill divisions.
• Generates and provides sales leads for permanent sales opportunities to the appropriate sales representative in the market to capture additional revenue.
• Completes contractual re-signs with existing customers to extend customer relationship and increase customer profitability where appropriate.
• Proactively communicates with, or responds to, customers in conjunction with Company pricing initiatives.
• Builds long-term relationships with contractors, prospective and existing clients in designated market.
• Develops and maintains an awareness of market behavior and competitive trends in designated market to anticipate changing customer needs; proactively manages customer base.
• Prepares and delivers sales presentations to grow existing client base; follows up with key decision makers; prepares sales contracts, including price quotes, credit terms and services.
• Maintains a thorough knowledge of the Company’s available services, lines of business, pricing structures and upsells additional services , as appropriate, to grow targeted revenue and contribute to Company goals and objectives.
• Meets regularly with Director, Manufacturing & Environmental Services, as appropriate to review sales activities and prospective customer calling activities.
• Tracks all prospective customer information on required reporting format.
• Maintains current knowledge of all federal, state and local environmental laws and regulations regarding special waste disposal and landfills; participate in company-sponsored training courses, meetings and discussions regarding the classifications and characterization of special waste.
• Participates in company-sponsored events and activities, as required, which may include trade shows and chamber of commerce events.
• Completes all required Customer Service Agreement (“CSA”), Customer Relationship Management (“CRM”) and other reports in a complete, accurate and timely manner.
• May be responsible for collection activities, as required.
• Responds to service cancellation calls, if necessary, and ensure compliance with appropriate escalation policy.
• Performs other job-related duties, as required.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.