Minimum Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Healthcare Communications, Marketing, Advertising or similar; Masters degree a plus
- 5+ years experience Direct Marketing / Advertising experience; experience in a healthcare setting is
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Superior writing skills
- Ability to independently problem solve and apply unique solutions to problems
- Ability to independently research
- In depth knowledge of advertising
- In depth knowledge of clinical trial designs
- Ability to steer internal staff on appropriate advertising strategy
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Time management skills and analytical skills
Working Conditions and Environment:
- Long, varied hours required occasionally
- 25% travel required
- Required to carry company provided cell phone
- Frequently stationary for 6-8 hours per day.
- Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists.
- Frequent mobility required.
- Occasional crouching, stooping, bending and twisting of upper body and neck.
- Light to moderate lifting and carrying (or otherwise moves) objects including luggage and laptop computer with a maximum lift of 15-20 lbs.
- Ability to access and use a variety of computer software developed both in-house and off-the-shelf.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Frequently interacts with others to obtain or relate information to diverse groups.
- Works independently with little guidance or reliance on oral or written instructions and plans work schedules to meet goals. Requires multiple periods of intense concentration.
- Performs a wide range of variable tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions with little predictability as to the occurrence. Ability to perform under stress. Ability to multi-task.
- Regular and consistent attendance.
Acurian offers health, dental, vacation, 401K and other benefits. Candidates meeting the above requirements should apply online.
Pharmaceutical Product Development, LLC, the parent company of PPD Development, L.P. and Acurian, Inc. is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, disability or protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and/or local law.