Our client is seeking a Staff Accountant reporting to the CFO. This individual will support the organization by performing accounting duties, which result in an efficient Business Office and accurate
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
* Prepare and enter journal entries in general ledger system, prepare deposits and enter in general ledger system;
* Monthly reconcile all asset accounts including cash, investments, prepaid expenses, accounts receivables, pledge receivables, and fixed assets;
* Quarterly reconcile all inventory accounts;
* Monthly reconcile donations received with the Development office;
* Monthly update the temporarily restricted and board designated spreadsheet;
* Process summer camps and program payments;
* Perform monthly and year-end close of the general ledger and review with CFO;
* Assist in the preparation of monthly financial reports including cash flow and financial statements.
* Send managers their budget to actual reports on a monthly basis;
* Maintain chart of accounts and budget information in the computer system;
* Enter checks issued in the banking positive pay system;
* Process monthly ACH transactions;
* On a daily basis, review activity on the banking website and communicate items such as wires, NSF checks, etc.;
* Assist CFO in coordinating the year-end audit and in preparation of year-end audit schedules;
* Oversee the credit card payment systems (PayPal & Colorado Gives) and provide reports to development office as appropriate;
* Assist CFO with endowment reporting;
* Assist Admissions Department with enrollment contracts;
* Other tasks as assigned;
* Adhere to and support the mission of the company
Education and qualifications should include the following:
* Bachelor's degree in accounting;
* Strong organization skills with a high level of attention to detail;
* Strong computer skills, including experience with spreadsheets, accounting software (experience with Financial Edge preferred) and Microsoft Office applications;
* Minimum two years experience in non-profit or school;
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
* A sense of resonance with the mission.
Salary is commensurate with experience. This is a non-exempt, salaried position with benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Please Click Here to apply