Position Type: Employee
Position Reports To: QSR Store Manager
Position Supervises: N/A
Pay Level: N/A
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Responsible for providing superior customer service under the guidelines
of the company policies and all applicable laws. Strive to maximize sales through suggestive selling skills and accurate recording of sales. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prioritize customer service ahead of other tasks and ensure that customers receive prompt and courteous service.
- Responsible for using suggestive sells skills to assist customers by pointing out specials and suggesting related or alternative items to improve merchandise sales.
- Market and display the product and maintain the appearance of the serving area to ensure customer appeal.
- Present clean and professional image in accordance with corporate dress code.
- Display positive, professional conduct at all times. Treat customers and fellow associates with respect and consideration. Cooperatively and enthusiastically work with manager and co-workers.
- Operate the POS and other sales equipment within company guidelines for cash and shrink control, including keying correct sales amounts into the correct department, counting back, change, offering receipt, and thanking customers for their business.
- Uphold all company policies, as well as local, state, and federal regulations. Require valid identification of any alcohol or tobacco customer who appears to be 30 years of age or younger.
- Maintain cash in drawers at or below maximum amounts by correctly recording and dropping into the safe. Check and reconcile POS equipment, safe, and gas console (where applicable) at end of each shift and correctly complete shift reports. Immediately report any theft or suspicion of theft to Store Manager or District Advisor.
- Perform shift duties including continually cleaning fast food areas, floors, counters, equipment, shelves, bathrooms, gasoline equipment, and grounds as assigned.
- Receive, price, stock, and rotate merchandise as per instruction. Front and face shelves, racks, coolers and freezers. Prepare fast food products, including coffee, hot dogs, etc. and keeps them freshly available. Date codes fast food items when stocking and removes out-of-date merchandise. Monitor temperatures of hot holding equipment, coolers and freezers.
- Ensure that supplies required for customer service excellence are stocked.
- Understand emergency (employee or customer injury, gas spill, fire, or other accidents), robbery, shoplifting, and drive-off procedures. Appropriately completes Incident or Injury reports as instructed.
- Maintain high standards of food safety to ensure food is maintained at proper time and temperature by regularly monitoring and documenting as required.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Regularly required to stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Available to work all hours as assigned may include overtime.
Desired Previous Job Experience
- A high school diploma (or equivalent) or related retail experience is desired.
- Proficient computer skills
- Current Food Safety Certification
Leadership Behaviors: Achieves Results through Teamwork, Coaches and Develops Others, Communicates Effectively and Candidly, Executes with Excellence, Leads Change and Innovation, Leads through Positive Influence, Provides Clear and Strategic Direction, Puts the Customer First. For more information on the Kroger Leadership Behavior model, click here.
Education Level: High School Diploma/ GED Required
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Shift(s): Day; Evening