TCA is looking for a highly motivated Student Loan Counselor to join our team!
If you are a quick learner, adapt well to change, are focused, dedicated and want to helpothers, we strongly encourage you to apply! In this position you will need to be confident and efficient with the ability to control a conversation in a savvy way.
Counselor will assist clients in identifying their federal student loan information. Based on the client’s goals and loan details the counselor will analyze the borrower’s student loan situation and recommend an action plan. This includes education about repayment plans, consolidation, deferment, forbearance, forgiveness and / or discharge. Counselors will also make recommendations related to private student loans. Counselor will assist clients in completing all necessary enrollment forms. Counselors will conduct conference calls with clients and their servicers to help ensure action plans are successful. Counselors will create and send action plans to clients detailing recommendations and next steps. Counselors will make timely follow up calls and send emails to potential clients who have requested Take Charge America’s services.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Instructs borrow how to obtain their NSLDS file (federal student loan data file) - 10%
- Determines borrower’s goal – 5%
- Provides recommendations applicable to client's goal and NSLDS file (to include possible consolidation, repayment programs, deferment, forbearance, forgiveness and / or discharge) – 15%
- Assists borrower in completing enrollment forms online – 10%
- Conducts conference calls with client and servicers – 10%
- Creates action plans detailing recommendations and next steps – 10%
- Answers general student loan questions – 10%
- Conducts conversations on-line (CHAT) with new or existing clients – 4%
- Initiates outbound courtesy follow-up calls and sends courtesy emails to respond to client requests for Take Charge America’s services – 10%
- Maintains client records by updating account information in various TCA systems – 10%
- Stays abreast of the ever changing student loan landscape –21.5%
- Updates department spreadsheets 12.5%
- Completes COA PQI case record reviews, provides input on determining PQI data, receives and reviews PQI data and provides feedback, and participates in the Employee Satisfaction, Benefits and Services Survey – 2%
- Other duties as assigned – 1%
Non-Technical Essential Job Functions
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk or a combination of the three for up to 10 hours a day
- Position requires the ability to speak and hear 100% of the time
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds
- Must be committed to a high standard of safety and be willing and able to comply with all safety laws and all of our safety policies
- Must be willing to report safety violations and potential safety violations to appropriate supervisor or management