QUALIFICATIONS AND ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: Applicants must meet all eligibility and qualification requirements for Pathways positions including general and/or specialized experience as defined by the Office of Personnel Management (OPM), or by
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:Pathways Program candidates must meet the minimum education requirements determined by the OPM.
For the GS-3 grade level: Completion of 1 academic year of post-high school study.
For the GS-4 grade level: Completion of 2 academic years of post-high school study or associate's degree leading to a bachelor's degree within an agricultue resources or natural resources management related academic program.
NOTE: One (1) year of education is defined as two semesters (30 semester hours or 45 quarter hours).
NOTE: Individuals must meet the eligibility and qualification requirements throughout the duration of the Internship appointment. Prior to initial appointment, Interns must provide documentation of student status.
NOTE: Copies of unofficial transcripts/proof of enrollment must be provided at the time of application to support your educational claims. If selected, OFFICIAL transcripts/proof of enrollment must be submitted prior to establishing a start date.
Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute education for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at - http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. Please include this information in your resume.
Application material will not be returned.
SUITABILITY, CLEARANCE & REQUIREMENTS: A background security investigation will be required for all new hires. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements will be grounds for termination.
OTHER: Incumbent may be required, as an incidental duty, to operate a government-owned or leased motor vehicle, in the performance of duties, therefore, a valid driver's license is required. Incumbent must have a safe driving record within the three-year period immediately preceding submittal of GSA Form 3607 and be able to meet the safe driving requirements of the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
TELEWORK: The Bureau of Indian Affairs has determined that the duties of the position are not suitable for telework under any circumstances.
Pathways Internship Program Requirements:
·Must be at least 18 years of age.
·Enrolled in an accredited college or university seeking a bachelor's degree in agricultur resources or natural resources management academic program directly related to the position including, agricultural engineering, agricultural economics, animal husbandry, animal science, biological sciences, geographic information systems, horticulture, range management, and soil science.
·Must have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher.
·Must be enrolled or have been accepted for full time enrollment in an accredited school.
·Must be taking a full time course load.
·Maintain a valid Pathways Program Participant Agreement.
- A background security investigation will be required for all new hires. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements will be grounds for termination.
- Interns will be required to provide a copy of up-to-date transcripts (unofficial) at the end of each academic year, unless requested more frequently by the supervisor or Human Resources Office, for verification of enrollment and academic standing as proof of continuing eligibility for participation in the Intern Program.
- Management may require the incumbent of this position to operate a motor vehicle to conduct assigned duties. If it is determined that operation of a motor vehicle is required subsequent to appointment, management will ensure the employee meets state licensing requirements and BIA driving policy by submitting GSA Form 3607, Motor Vehicle Operator's License and Driving Record.
Interns can be non-competitively converted to a permanent or term position within BIA or placed with a Tribal organization or enterprise upon successful completion of Pathways Program requirements. However, non-competitive conversion or placement is not guaranteed, this is based on various factors such as budget, organizational needs, student performance, education, etc.
Eligibility for Conversion to Competitive Service:
- Complete at least 640 hours of work experience acquired through the Internship Program.
- Complete the degree or certificate requirements in: biological sciences, agriculture, natural resources management, chemistry, or related disciplines appropriate to the position.
- Meet OPM's qualification standards for the position to which the Intern will be converted.
- Meet agency-specific requirements as specified in the Participant's Agreement, and;
- Perform the job successfully as documented through performance evaluations, and/or completion of an Individual Development Plan (IDP).
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
To learn more about the Pathways Internship Program, please visit: the Internship Program page on the Office of Personnel Management's website.
To learn more about the Pathways Internship Program, please visit: the Internship Program page on the Office of Personnel Management's website.We will compare your resume and supporting documentation to your responses on the assessment questionnaire. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your resume, your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities.
A review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the questionnaire. You will receive a numeric rating based on the degree to which your background matches the qualifications required for this position. After review, if a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and experience, your score can and will be adjusted to accurately reflect your abilities. Please ensure that your resume is detailed to include specific experience that pertains to this position, and dates of past employment.
Veterans preference applies to selection for positions in the Pathways Programs.
Follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions will affect your rating.