Established in 1981, EASi is headquartered in Troy, Michigan with engineering centers in Gahanna, Ohio and Tulsa, Oklahoma. The two offices provide engineering and design support forelectrical utility transmission systems ranging from 12kV to 765kV. The projects can be for new system construction or existing system augmentation or refurbishing.
The position falls within the substation department of the organization. The designer will develop construction drawings for substations with the assistance of higher level designers and engineers.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop 3-D models of Electrical Substation features and components, such as transformers, circuit breakers, etc. using MicroStation
- Develop layout of parts and assemblies in 2-D and 3-D
- Modify and/ or update existing models, assemblies, and layouts to reflect changes to the design
- Work with part naming and numbering conventions; and file naming and management protocols
- Create or modify physical drawings such as single line diagrams, station location plans, electrical assemblies, cable and conduit plans, cable schedules, grounding plans, duct bank designs and layouts, and other details and drawings that will provide sufficient detail and information to construct an electrical substation with guidance of higher level designers
- Use ProjectWise for project documentation to track all design modifications and new designs with assistance by higher level designers
- Will work under supervision of higher level designers and engineers
Education and Experience Requirements
- Five to eight years of experience designing physical layouts, equipment layouts, plan views, elevation views, section views, and creating detailed bills of material
- Five to eight years design experience using MicroStation or AutoCAD
- Associates Degree in Electrical/ Electronic Engineering Technology or Drafting and Design Technology (ABET) or Bachelor's Degree in Electrical/ Electronic Engineering Technology (ABET)
Requisite Abilities and Skills
- Ability to develop physical design drawings such as layouts, plan views, and section views from the substation one-line drawing and project scope with minimal guidance from a higher level designer or lead engineer
- 3-D knowledge of electrical drawing symbols and their purpose
- Intermediate understanding of one-line drawings and three-line drawings
- Knowledge of fuse and circuit breaker coordination
- Intermediate understanding of design practices and engineering systems
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Demonstrate ability to work with others in supplying information and seeking assistance as necessary
- Demonstrate willingness and capabilities to assume leadership roles
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.