Sun Construction is a high character, quality-oriented, and well-established local commercial and industrial general contractor. Our team-oriented environment recognizes each position is meaningful. Our current growth provides the opportunity for the right candidate to continue to develop and advance their career. We are currently seeking a qualified candidate for immediate career opportunity as a Superintendent.
• Provide direct support to the Project Manager
• Provide overall project site coordination and supervision
• Responsible for site management activities include: project schedule, site general conditions, quality control, safety management, project final delivery, and punch list to meet client's expectations.
• Establish objectives and schedules, act as site representative and liaison with subcontractors, vendors, client contacts, and design team. Monitor construction site activities throughout all phases of the project.
• The applicant must have a general understanding of all scopes of construction and their processes.
• Must be able to work with limited supervision, handling multiple tasks, and meeting critical deadlines.
• Conduct and participate in safety meetings; wear the proper personal protective equipment; practice and enforce zero-tolerance safety practices with subcontractors and employees on all jobsites.
• Ensure that field workers routinely and properly complete any necessary documentation associated with the project/company requirements.
• Ensure that all customer concerns are resolved promptly.
• Maintain uninterrupted communication between the field and office in support of ongoing projects.
• Anticipate potential concerns/problems (forward-thinking scheduling participation)
• 10+ years in the construction industry with a minimum of 5 years supervising commercial and industrial projects.
• A clean criminal history is required
• Safety and quality oriented
• Excellent communication skills, strong work ethic, integrity, and attention to detail and relationships.
• Outgoing and energetic personality
• Excellent leadership skills, highly organized, and service-oriented
• Must show stable work history
• Computer Skills - Experienced with MS Office, Excel, Outlook, and MS Project
• Schedule and conduct weekly subcontractor meetings
• Advanced thinking and change-oriented