Our CPA and accounting office it is specialized in small business and individual clients. We are expanding our Denver office and looking for Tax Preparer/Accountant/Bookkeeper. The office is well established (since 1986), a small office (6 staff) and has great work environment. Will have 2 weeks paid vacation plus additional 2 weeks in lieu of long hours worked during tax season. We also offer very competitive compensation.
• Preparing/Reviewing individual (1040) including FBAR, foreign income reporting (8938, 114...etc.) and international
• Preparing/Reviewing business tax returns (1120, 1120s,1165) and associated schedules.
• Preferred to be able to prepare Estates/Trust (simple and complex) (1041), Estate (706), Exempt (990) and Gift (709) tax returns.
• Prepare monthly (QuickBooks) bookkeeping and accounting for clients.
• Prepare Payroll for our clients in QuickBooks.
• Prepare our clients' monthly payroll before submitting to them or tax agencies.
• Assist in office management and admin work when needed.
• Be able to work on deadline.
• Bachelor degree in accounting or finance..
• Minimum of four years of experience preparing Individual, Partnership and Corporate tax returns.
• Proficiency in the use of spreadsheets, tax preparation (ProSeries and Lacerte is a plus) and accounting software (QuickBooks Desktop).
• Strong verbal and written communication skills including effectively presenting information over the telephone.
• Willing to work Saturdays during tax season and long hours during weekdays (mid-January to mid-April only). Very relaxed environment after tax season
• You must submit a cover letter, updated resume and your salary requirement for consideration.