Lead the execution of daily transportation and logistics services for MIQ customers. Help ensure that daily decisions and actions are aligned with customer and MIQ objectives. Serve as thesubject matter expert and provide leadership by assisting coworkers with addressing customer-specific business questions. Assist with the development and implementation of improvement strategies for internal and external customers. Measure and track results through the use of various analytical and reporting techniques. Provide outstanding customer experience through the development and implementation of cost effective, high quality transportation and logistics solutions while professionally communicating with customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand customer’s logistics goals, objectives, and strategies. Execute the strategies to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Assist with training and mentoring the team on daily functions and company procedures.
- Possess and utilize knowledge of transportation, modes, route options, delivery requirements, and shipment attributes in making daily transportation decisions. Provide high quality, efficient, and customer-centric solutions while balancing cost, transit times, and handling requirements.
- Produce and participate in the presentation of periodic Customer Business Reviews to key customer personnel. A business review communicates key drivers, supply chain metrics, and the value our expertise brings them.
- Work collaboratively with internal departments (Carrier Management, Freight Audit & Pay, Invoicing, Customer Service, IT) in order to drive process improvement and increase functional knowledge.
- Responsible for P&L management for a portion of the business, including margin level improvement goals. Assist in developing strategies that maximize account revenue and profitability.
- Execute and participate in customer implementations, projects, and company meetings as a subject matter expert.
- Make customer satisfaction the primary "driver" for successful quality processes with internal and external teams.
- After-hour and holiday on call may be required.
- Execute daily shipment activities for MIQ customers, including booking, tracking, tracing, dispatching and optimizing shipments/loads while maintaining a high level of quality and service with both internal and external customers.
- Work on special assignments and perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Develop and Complete monthly, quarterly, and annual KPI reporting, including carrier scorecards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related area including Finance, Management Information Systems, or Supply Chain.
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to transfer knowledge and expertise to others.
- Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated analytical, business planning, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to identify issues, requirements, and opportunities for improvement.
- Working knowledge of PC and business applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Willingness and ability to travel periodically to support business needs.
- Two plus years business experience in corporate environment.
- Transportation or logistics industry knowledge.
- Experience supervising or providing guidance and training to a team.