The Universal Banker requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges. The job requires establishing and maintaining personally challenging goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks. Must be honest, ethical and persistent in the face of obstacles.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Experience: 2 years of proven sales ability is required; a minimum of 1 year experience with
Bellco Credit Union or other financial services institution is strongly preferred.
Knowledge: Knowledge of extensive body of sales related practices or techniques learned through considerable training and/or experience for describing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes employing value-centered sales strategies, tactics, and techniques.
Knowledge of the standards and processes for providing exceptional value-centered member service. This includes member needs assessment through profiling, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of member satisfaction.
Skills: Bilingual (Spanish) strongly preferred.
Strong communication skills, both oral and written - the ability to communicate information and ideas effectively - the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented.
Ability to persuade others to change their minds or behavior. Ability to give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting. Ability to be aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do. Passion for actively looking for ways to help people.
Ability to solve complex problems to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
Ability to accurately and efficiently enter data and update member financial
records via computer terminal.
1. Demonstrate Bellco WOW philosophy in all interactions with members, prospective members and personnel in other Bellco departments.
2. Contribute to corporate and branch goals and support current business priorities. Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintain them over time. Communicate with people outside the organization; represent the organization to members, the public, and other external sources.
3. Communicate with members in a positive manner both in person and/or by telephone. Deepens member relationships by cross-selling products and services. Understand and communicate key features and benefits of all Bellco products and services.
4. Open new accounts by following the approved new account opening procedure; initiate a credit application; identify financial product and service needs; follow current underwriting guidelines and use credit scoring or traditional underwriting credit applications; refer members to appropriate Bellco personnel and/or partners for advanced product and service needs.
5. Accurately enter and complete loan applications into the Bellco LPM system. Adhere to current underwriting guidelines and loan closing procedures; accurately complete loan-closing documents; disburse loans as required.
6. Access member accounts to accurately perform all branch financial service transactions. Analyze credit bureau reports to accurately identify member financial needs and sales opportunities.
7. Accurately perform any and all other branch duties assigned. Keep up-to-date technically and apply new knowledge to job. Develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish the work.
8. Regular and punctual attendance.
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
Reports to: Branch Manager
Contacts: Direct member and potential member contact. Interacts with internal staff, managers, and executives. May include occasional or incidental interaction with auditors, examiners, vendors, suppliers, service providers, and other financial institutions including credit union partners.
Equipment: Computers (PCs, laptops, tablets, mobile devices), WI-FI, internet, ATMs, Lobby Teller machines, computer peripherals and security alarms.
Remote access financial service devices including: BellcOnline, TELLERphone and automated teller machines.
In order to meet the financial service needs of our members, job function may necessitate changes in hours or location.
May stand for several hours each day.
TO APPLY: Please apply on our website: https://747.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/bellco/Posting/View/552