PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognizedbrands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services — you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
The Vehicle Validation VECU Engineer is responsible for system level testing of engine, transmission, vehicle, and exhaust aftertreatment hardware and software for development and current product programs. Group members develop specialized roles (engine, transmission, software, vehicle performance, aftertreatment systems, etc.) while maintaining cross-disciplinary training and knowledge.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
• Serves as a Vehicle Electronic Control Unit (VECU) Validation Engineer subject matter expert with a strong focus on software integration providing insight, development, and tracking of all related validation procedures and status
• Conducts actual hands-on in truck VECU vehicle validation testing
• Analyzes VECU project requests, discusses project requirements with requestors and formulates preliminary project plans, budgets, and schedules
• Plans, coordinates, and conducts projects of moderate scope with minimal supervision
• Designs fixtures and specifies instrumentation, equipment, vehicles, loading configurations, software versions, and data processing techniques
• Participates in set up of tests, verifies that test equipment and instrumentation equipment meets specified requirements and performs software and data checks
• Participates in data collection and analysis
• Writes reports, as appropriate, incorporating results, conclusions, and recommendations
• Establishes and maintains cooperative and productive work relations with all other departments
• Develop and maintain a high level of familiarity with PACCAR products and service tools
• Present results of test or investigative projects to divisions or management personnel
• Off-site testing requires up to 10% travel
Qualifications & Skills
• BS degree in appropriate engineering discipline
• MS preferred
• Minimum 6 months of truck/automotive related work experience desired
• Experience with vehicle software highly desired
• Ability to manage personal workload and willingness, flexibility and initiative to respond to shifting time and project demands
- Ability to summarize technical issues and communicate effectively
- Self-directed, excellent analysis and technical judgment required
- Powertrain hardware and software testing experience a plus
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability.